Reinstallation of Nitro Pro 12

Judith C. Conklin

Judith C. Conklin

I am trying to reinstall Nitro Pro 12 after a reinstall of Win 10 on an HP Envy desktop computer.  I am alternating getting the error message that my license does not exist or to contact support.  Support links turn me in an endless loop of contacting them.  I have downloaded Pro 14, but would prefer to stay with Pro 12 as it suits our needs and is only 2 years old.  Any help will be appreciated.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Judith C. Conklin

Thank you for your message - I can help you out.

We have upgraded our activation servers. Please install the latest Nitro Pro 12 update (12.16.9.574) so you can reactivate successfully: 
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Then activate with your Nitro Pro 12 serial number.

I hope this helps!

Judith C Conklin
On 12/13/2022 at 9:24 AM, Leslie V said:

Hello @Judith C. Conklin

Thank you for your message - I can help you out.

We have upgraded our activation servers. Please install the latest Nitro Pro 12 update (12.16.9.574) so you can reactivate successfully: 
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

Then activate with your Nitro Pro 12 serial number.

I hope this helps!

Thank you, Leslie, but I still get the message that my activation number does not exist.  I did a cut and paste directly from my receipt, so I am pretty sure it is correct.  Additionally,  the system began rejecting my sign-in.  The three times I attempted to change the passcode, I was sent password change data for Nitro Sign, which I do not want, but which I did purchase years ago.  I gave up and registered with a new email.   Any thoughts?   Judy

Judith C Conklin

Thank you, Leslie.  I did uninstall version 13 and reinstalled 12 with the update of (12.16.9.574).  Cleared the cache, too.  Same error message.  Additionally, I can not seem to get away from Nitro Sign.  I will try again, using the link you have provided.  Thanks for your responses.

Judith C. Conklin

I am still unable to install Nitro Pro 12 - no matter which downloaded link I follow.  I prefer not to upgrade to Nitro 13.  My password is accepted about 1 time out of 4, but when It is accepted, it takes me right to theCommunity Message Board - and I am not signed into Nitro 12

Judith C. Conklin

I have signed into the website to try and activate Nitro Pro 12 with my current license number.  The Nitro "information board" pops up with my Nitro Pro 12 license number registered to Nitro Pro 13, which I tried, but prefer to keep my Nitro 12 and not upgrade.  To whom should I write or attempt to contact to get my license number back to Nitro Pro 12 and again try to activate the program.  I have been attempting to get Nitro 12 up and running for over a week.  It is rather frustrating to send a note off into space, not knowing if it will get picked up and if a reply will contain helpful information.  There has to be a better was to get help with this program!!

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Judith,

Can you please try the following:

1. Download our latest Clean Up utility: https://www.gonitro.com/support/tools/cleanup-utility-list
2. Extract the utility to the desktop (it doesn't properly run from within the zip)
3. Run the utility (NOTE: This will remove any custom signatures / stamps. Let me know if these need to be backed up)
4. Reboot
5. Download and install 12.16 from one of the links below:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

If you are still encountering issues with the installation or activation, kindly send us a screenshot what you are seeing.

Looking forward to your reply.

Judith C. Conklin

Thank you, Leslie for the uninstall links.  It seems as if Nitro Pro has been removed from my computer. 

However,  the second set of links, for the installation of NitroPro x64.msi creates a loop right back to your response in the Community Forum dated Friday at 10:26 AM.  A screenshot of what I am seeinig would be for response on how to use the Clean Up Utility, reboot and select one of the links to install Nitro Pro 12.   

Any other solutions?

Judith C. Conklin

Leslie~  It seems as if NitroPro 12 likes loops.  I was working with attorney files and just as I had done before (forgetting about the loop back to Community Forums) clicked on a *.PDF file and it opened in 12, just as it had done before I wanted to try Nitro Pro 13.  I activateded 12 with my serial number from 2020 and all was well.  Thank you for for time and patience and I hope you have a large stamp that says "RESOLVED"

Judy Conklin