Multi Window Error

Craig Tristram

Craig Tristram

Hi Team,

I am seeing this error when working with multiple PDF files. When working with local files I am able to drag the tab to another screen and this opens a new window, this allows me to have a PDF displayed on one screen in it's own window and a 2nd PDF open in another window (VERY HANDY and PDF 101)

However when using a solution called iManage/EDMS (which is basically a file management system) I see the following error:

"C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Nitro\Pro\13\iManage\xxxxxx\EDMS\Filename.PDF" is a iManage Work document. This document type cannot be popped out via drag & drop.

(sorry I'd upload a screenshot but there isn't an option to do so other than by URL)

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Has anyone been able to find a registry key that will force each PDF to open in it's own window? It's clearly possible because when you drag a local file tab to another screen it creates the new instance/window.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

P.S Nitro support don't say this is a feature we are developing or we hope to see in a future version, multiple instances/windows is something nearly all your competition can achieve. Please check with your development team before replying.