Nitro Pro not opening

John Weir

Hi, my Nitro Pro is not opening. It appears to be opening and has a line under it on the taskbar but it is not coming up on my screen. This has been ongoing for a while and it works now and again but it has now become a real problem as it is not working at all. 

I have rebooted several times and tried a repair from settings in Windows but no joy. 

I was going to try to delete and reinstall but I am concerned that I will not be able to register the serial number again as I can't unregister it first? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I rely on this software every day. 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @John Weir

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I have seen this behavior before when the application launches but just appear in Windows' Taskbar and it does not exhibit any error message.
Please try the following and see if this restores the Nitro Pro window on your desktop screen:

1. Open Nitro Pro. 
2. From the Windows Taskbar, focus on Nitro Pro by clicking on it.
3. Press the Windows key + Left/Right arrow on your keyboard until Nitro Pro appears.

Sometimes this happens when Nitro Pro is stuck outside the displayed area on your monitor.
You can also check if you can move the Nitro Pro window (in case it's off-screen) by holding Shift and right-clicking the Nitro Pro icon in the Taskbar and selecting, "Move". Then, continuously press the Left/Right arrow key on your keyboard until it appears on the screen.

Regarding the deactivation of the license, could you please describe the error message that prevents you from doing it?
Also, that is the version and complete build of your Nitro PDF Pro? You can see the details under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

Kind regards,

Thanks for coming back to me @Reymund G..

The issue has resolved for the time being so I can't try the solution at the minute, typical luck! I will try this the next time it happens. 

Regarding the deactivation, because I couldn't see the screen to access the software I could not therefore access any of the tabs. That is why I couldn't do this. 

Thanks for the help, I will try this solution the next time the issue occurs. 

• 9 months later...
Katherine Harwood

I am unable to open Nitro PDF Pro. I have tried the solutions you mentioned. I tried uninstalling and it will not allow me to uninstall. It says something is blocking the program.

• 2 months later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Katherine Harwood

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!
I apologize for missing out your post in this thread. 

Could you please confirm if you were able to uninstall and reinstall the software? 
Regarding the unable to open Nitro PDF Pro, can you describe the behavior? Are you getting an error message, or nothing happens when you launch the application?

Kind regards,