Stop converted PDF's opening automatically

andy.keeler@soiltechnics.net

Hi,

Whenever I use 'Save As' to create  a Nitro PDF from a Word or Excel doc, the resulting PDF opens automatically, after saving.

I don't need to see the PDF I've created and would like to turn this 'auto-open' function off, but I can't find where to do that.

Thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @andy.keeler@soiltechnics.net

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please confirm if you are using the File > Save As > PDF option in Word or Excel to create a PDF document? If so, the PDF creation process in this workflow is under the Microsoft PDF conversion and not Nitro. 
Each software has an option to not open the document after conversion. In Microsoft, the should be a 'More Option' to click and from there, you will see the option 'Open file after publishing'. 

But if the conversion process printing the document to PDF using Nitro PDF Creator (File > Print > Nitro PDF Creator as the printer). The Printer Properties section of Nitro PDF Creator printer will give you more options including the 'Open using default application after creation' which is enabled by default. You can uncheck this option if you do not want to open the PDF you've created after conversion. 

image.png.fe5f1c183e5fc7cc6a197b1be2eee613.png

Kind regards,

Many thanks, Reymund.

I guess I sometimes go via both routes, but mostly probably the MS 'save as' option.     Your advice has helped me solve it.  

Best regards,