Query on product support and offline activation/installation

Justin Lee

Hi,

I have 2 machines in an air-gapped environment which will never be connected to the internet at any point of time.
I would like to check if Nitro pro perpetual license supports offline activation? *Note that we do have a  separate internet machine*

Also, I would like to check on the version update. For example, if I were to buy the current version now, how long will the support of this version last? Will it still be supported even if new versions are released in the future?

My concern is that do we will have to keep going through the offline activation and installation process each time a new update is released.

Thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Justin Lee,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

With regard to offline activation inquiry, you may refer to this article: https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase/#/search/manual/000004490

In Step-3, please access the Activation Page on the machine with Internet access.

If you purchase a Nitro PDF Pro 13 today, it will still be support upon the release of Nitro PDF Pro 14. Version 13 will be part of our Sunset Policy products by the time Nitro will release version 15 which may not happen in the next few years.

To know more about our Sunset Policy, please refer to this page:

https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. I would like to check further on the product upgrade.

Lets say if I were to buy the current Nitro Pro PDF version 13.70.2.40 without any product upgrade option.  Am I entitled to install future patch version (eg. 13.70.2.41) or do I have to purchase the product upgrade to install this patch?

Basically, will purchasing the Nitro Pro PDF version 13 entitles me a lifetime update for future patches?

Thank you.

Hi @Allain Umailin,

Thanks for replying to my query in the forum a few days back. I would like to check further on the product upgrade.

Lets say if I were to buy the current Nitro Pro PDF version 13.70.2.40 without any product upgrade option.  Am I entitled to install future patch version (eg. 13.70.2.41) or do I have to purchase the product upgrade to install this patch?

Basically, will purchasing the Nitro Pro PDF version 13 entitles me a lifetime update for future patches?

Thank you.