Nitro Pro 12 won't install

Kaye Breed

Hi 

My Nitro Pro 12 stopped working so I have uninstalled the program and have tried to reinstall. I get to 95% install when the following error message pops up

! Something is blocking Nitro from proceeding

An error occurred while attempting to create the Directory C/: Program Files/Nitro/Pro

I have checked and made sure there was no Nitro files left on the computer after the install.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kaye Breed,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I believe you are using our .EXE installer so please try our offline MSI installers below:

x32 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi
x64 http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi

To know if you have 32-bit or 64-bit, please refer to this article:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/15056/windows-32-64-bit-faq

After installation, you can activate it by opening Nitro Pro, clicking on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate by entering the same serial number 234600-xxyyzz-502347

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me.  I have tried using the link that you supplied but I am still getting the message "An error occurred while attempting to create the Directory C/: Program Files/Nitro/Pro"

Kind Regards

Kaye

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kaye Breed,

If you are using Chrome or any of the Chromium-based browsers (e.g., Vivaldi, etc.) and you are unable to access the above installer links, you're more than likely experiencing the results of a new security feature that was silently pushed out to the browsers, which blocks .exe/.msi/etc downloads without any visible error or prompt on the browser's frontend user space. In order to bypass this, please try these steps:

a. Right-click the link you're trying to download, and select "Save link as..."
b. Choose your save location and select "Save"
c. On the bottom edge of your browser window, the Downloads bar should now appear and the file will show up with a red error icon, attempting to block the download. Press the caret button and select "Keep"

Thank you for your patience and please let us know how it goes on your end.

Hi Allain,

I tried the bypass that you suggested  but I am still getting the message "An error occurred while attempting to create the Directory C/: Program Files/Nitro/Pro". 

Kind Regards

Kaye

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kaye Breed,

To send it via private message, hover your mouse on top of my name 'AllainU' and select 'Message'.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Kaye Breed,

Looking at the screenshot, it seems like something is blocking the MSI package to create the Nitro folder.

Would it be possible to reboot your machine and also turn off your Antivirus program then try again installing?

Hi Allain,

I did as you suggested but still had no luck in installing the program.  I have sent a screenshot of the recent install into your message box. I have been able to install other programs while trying to install Nitro Pro with no problems.

Kind Regards 

Kaye