SharePoint integration for NitroPro PDF

Matthew B

Hi,

A client of ours is wanting to integrate NitroPro PDF into the SharePoint site. I showed them the demonstration video you have for the 'SharePoint Online Extension'.

However, after reading the guide, I'm unable to find the required package to install the app.

Deploying SharePoint Online Extension | Nitro (gonitro.com)

If possible, can someone point me in the direction of how to obtain the required file?

Or if someone from support can send me the file, that would be appreciated.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Matthew B

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Could you please provide the version and build of client's Nitro PDF Pro? This can be located when you open Nitro then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 
Also, what kind of license was used to activate the software? You can send that information here (it will be deleted before making the post available) so we can verify it for you. 

Kind regards,

Hi Reymund, thanks for replying.

Most staff are using Nitro Pro (13.70.2.40)

The client purchased the licenses themselves (a Nitro PDF Pro 10 Pack) through Cleverbridge. 

Cleverbridge reference number: 38*******
But if a serial number is required, one of the serial numbers that was part of the pack is Serial Number: 504***************.

Thanks,

Edited by Reymund G.
Hide confidential details

Hi @Reymund G.,

Thanks for your assistance. I was able to get the 'Open in Nitro' option to appear in SharePoint.

However, when trying to use the option, it doesn't appear to load or open Nitro.

I've had the users log into SharePoint in Nitro via the File > Open>SharePoint 365 and had them agree to the permissions.

We've tried using Google Chrome and Edge. But it just quickly advises 'Waiting for browser.pipe.aria.microsoft.com...' and other similar messages.

Is there any other permissions that need to be set up in SharePoint on Google Chrome?

Thanks

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Matthew B

I have not heard that error message before after following the steps on how to install the Deployment guide of SharePoint Online Extension. The deployment guide basically covers all the setup and configuration to install the extension. 

Could you please confirm if this is happening to all of the users / machines? If so, would it be possible to redeploy the extension and see if the message persists?
Please share as well a screenshot of the message so we could take a look. 

Kind regards, 

Hi Reymund,

Tried reinstalling the NitroPro extension for SharePoint and it's still not opening.

I've sent you an image directly of the error message that appears in the inspect console when we click the 'Open in NitroPro' option.

Let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks.

lpapst@awnicholson.com.au

We are also having this issue where the SharePoint Online extension has been installed (version 1.15.0.44) and is showing in the top bar in SharePoint, but nothing happens when a pdf is selected and the button clicked. We are running Nitro Pro 13.70.4.50. 

• 2 weeks later...
Gregory Insardi
On 3/23/2023 at 12:59 AM, Reymund G. said:

Hi @Matthew B

Details of the link has been sent to you here via direct message. 

Kind regards, 

Hey Matt, I'm also having the same issue. The deployment guide offers no guidance on where to get the sharepoint package. Can you help?

I opened ticket number 00317*** if that helps.

Edited by Reymund G.
update

• 2 weeks later...

Resolved the issue.

Seems like the SharePoint plugin doesn't work with the .exe version of Nitro Pro. Reinstalling he .msi version resolved the issue and the plugin now opens the pdf in Nitro Pro.

Thanks for the assistance everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I'm trying to install the nitro pro extension from SharePoint Store and I can't find it.

I'm the SharePoint admin and have full control over the tenant.

can you please help me find the extension?

My Build is Same as Mathew

• I agree 1

• 1 month later...
Massimo Mattiello

Dears,

my Customer has Nitro PDF Pro 13.49.2.993 and he has some PDF that is protected by Microsoft IRM.

I tried to install the Nitro PDF SharePoint extension but i cannot found it, in addition he tried to manually download protected PDF and open it in Nitro PRO but he received an error message.

Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks

Massimo

• 3 months later...

Hi there, I am to looking for the sharepoint connector to get the open in nitro option.  Can you please advise how i can obtain the connector please.  We have about 8 licenses for Nitro Pro.  Thanks