Moving nitro serial number incomplete

Stuart Lawrie

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Stuart Lawrie

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

You will need to enter the complete serial number to successfully activate Nitro PDF Pro. 
When you purchase the license online, our merchant sends an invoice receipt which contains the serial number. If you lost this email and need the serial number, please provide the email address you use to purchase the license.

Please note that I did not find any license purchase when searching for a record using the email address you use here in Community Forums. 

Based on the serial number you entered here, it appears to be a version 13 license. If you already have the complete serial number, please ensure that you have Nitro PDF Pro 13 installed on the computer. The version and build can be located when you open Nitro then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 
If your installation is not on Nitro PDF Pro 13, please install it using the installer from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link. 

Kind regards, 

Hi Reymund

I had to use my personal email to register an account as I work for Flintshire County Council but the Gonitro.com webpages are blocked by webfiltering if you need to contact me vfia my work email address it is stuart.lawrie@flintshire.gov.uk I am not sure who will have registered the software originally I am assuming at the time the authority bought a corporate licence. 

Kind Regards

Stuart Lawrie

As I said the serial number concerned only shows the first 6 numbers then is x'd out as I work for a large local authority I have no record of who originally purchased the software licences hence why the call has been logged with myself in ICT

Kind Regards

Stuart

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Stuart Lawrie

The software will not display the complete license number and this is by design, this is to protect the serial number from unauthorized use and theft. 

My apologies but we need the correct information of the owner so we could search and locate the complete serial number. 
If this license is issued by your company, I recommend to reach out to their IT team. They may have a record of the licenses they issued to the member of the company. 

Kind regards,

Stuart Lawrie

Hi Reymund
I am part of the 2nd Line Support team, I have only worked for this organisation for 4 weeks I am trying to see if we can retrieve who would have been the name associated with the order when it was originally placed, speaking with my manager there is no central repository of licences and no record from the staff in the team of who would have been responsible for purchasing this software for the specific dept where it is used by a number of users, I am not sure if there were individual licences purchased or a multi user licence
I am sure you being an IT Professional appreciate how large organisations work and indeed the possibility that the person who originally purchased has now left the organisation and would hope there was some sort of procedure for such a scenario as I am sure this is not the first time such a situation has arisen as it was purchased in good faith at the time and would be unfair to be forced to have to buy yet again.
Regards
Stuart