Installed NitroPro but it only opens as administrator

Andrew Karle

Andrew Karle

Hello, I recently purchased NitroPro 13.70.4.50 on a new PC and when I click on the icon, nothing happens.  I have to right click and open it as administrator to get the program to run.  I then have to search for the PDF I want to open through the program...trying to open directly from the PDF itself also does not work. 

Additionally, I can only see my local PC and cannot access my server drives.  My IT company gave up trying to assist and said to contact Nitro.  Please assist!

Thank you,

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Andrew Karle

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please describe if the Nitro PDF Pro icon appears on the Windows taskbar when you launch it without administrator access?
Regarding the access server drives, I think this has something to do with your Windows account permission access and not related to the Nitro PDF Pro. Do you have access to the server drives when you uninstall Nitro? 

Kind regards, 

Andrew Karle

It does not appear in the taskbar.  Nothing happens at all when I try to launch from the desktop icon.  Nothing happens when I try to click on a saved PDF to launch Nitro Pro either.  The only way to see a PDF is to right click the Nitro icon and open as administrator - which is too much of a hassle to work.  If I cannot fix this soon I would like to cancel and be refunded.

Thank you,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Andrew Karle

This has something to do with the permission configured on your computer where it requires an administrator access to run a program, or an issue with your Windows account profile. Please try the following and see if it will make a difference:

1. Right-click the Nitro PDF Pro icon then go to Properties. Under Compatibility tab, check the box of 'Run this program as an administrator'
2. Disable the UAC (User Access Control) on our Windows machine. 
3. Uninstall Nitro then reinstall it under Administrator's Profile. 

If none of these work, you may need to ask your IT to recreate your Windows user profile then reinstall Nitro PDF Pro. 

Kind regards,