'Convert to image' not preserving image size despite 'Keep original DPI' option

Jon Pitchfork

Jon Pitchfork

Hi,
The 'About' won't let me copy and paste the version number. Which is 13.16.2.300

When converting a PDF doc page, I need to preserve the exact size as an image sine it is to a scale. But after converting the page to a PNG file the PNG is smaller. If I combine the image back into the document it is still smaller.
The only setting I can see that relates to this is the "Keep original DPI" setting which I was using. Why is the original size not being preserved?
I will have to try using screen capture since this feature doesn't behave as expected. This is disappointing for software that costs more than an entire operating system.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Jon Pitchfork

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Could you please confirm if you are grabbing the image on the document using the Convert to Image tool of Nitro under Convert tab? 
If so, have you tried the 'Extract Images' tool where it will allow you to save a copy of the image on the document? The Extract Images tool is also located under the Convert tab.

Kind regards, 

Jon Pitchfork

Yes, I was using the convert-to-image function under the convert tab. I have since used an online tool to achieve the correct result. But I wanted to highlight that this feature doesn't behave as expected. Please can this be highlighted to the Devs? Thanks.