Looking to Upgrade - Serial Number Not Validated Error Message

Maria Reyes

Maria Reyes

I have Nitro Pro 11.0.3.173 and when trying to upgrade, it indicates to insert a serial number, which I did but after it searches it says: "We were unable to validate your serial number.  Please ensure you entered it correctly.  If you believe you are eligible for an upgrade, please leave a post on our community forum."

How or what should I do to see what my upgrade options are?

Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Maria Reyes

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Could you please provide your Nitro PDF Pro serial number so we can check its status and eligibility for upgrade?

Kind regards, 

I also have the same issue 234*************** for version 12 error "wrong license number" - but it is for ver 12??

Edited by Reymund G.
Hide Serial number

Maria Reyes
On 4/5/2023 at 2:22 AM, Reymund G. said:

Greetings @Maria Reyes

Could you please provide your Nitro PDF Pro serial number so we can check its status and eligibility for upgrade?

Kind regards, 

Reymund, I sent you a private message with my serial number.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @paul money

Those serial numbers were once a version 11 licenses and were transferred to the new activation server then upgraded to version 12, allowing it to activate the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 (12.16.9.574). Also, the license count usage has been set to 0 (zero) after the migration to the new activation server. 
Please take note that we no longer support early builds of Nitro Pro 12 or earlier versions (11 and older) and those activation servers have been shut down. Thus, any activation or deactivation attempt on these versions will no longer work. Also, access to the installer for these versions are no longer available.

To continue on with your existing licenses, please ensure that you install Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574 so you could successfully activate. The Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574 installer can be located from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link.  

If you are interested to upgrade your license to version 13 with a discounted price, you can do the upgrade online at https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade 
We recommend upgrading to our latest version, Nitro PDF Pro 13, which comes with significant stability and security improvements, as well as many feature enhancements, in particular in conversion and OCR functions. 

Kind regards,

Maria Reyes
35 minutes ago, Reymund G. said:

Greetings @paul money

Those serial numbers were once a version 11 licenses and were transferred to the new activation server then upgraded to version 12, allowing it to activate the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 (12.16.9.574). Also, the license count usage has been set to 0 (zero) after the migration to the new activation server. 
Please take note that we no longer support early builds of Nitro Pro 12 or earlier versions (11 and older) and those activation servers have been shut down. Thus, any activation or deactivation attempt on these versions will no longer work. Also, access to the installer for these versions are no longer available.

To continue on with your existing licenses, please ensure that you install Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574 so you could successfully activate. The Nitro PDF Pro 12.16.9.574 installer can be located from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link.  

If you are interested to upgrade your license to version 13 with a discounted price, you can do the upgrade online at https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade 
We recommend upgrading to our latest version, Nitro PDF Pro 13, which comes with significant stability and security improvements, as well as many feature enhancements, in particular in conversion and OCR functions. 

Kind regards,

The link to download Nitro Pro 12 indicates it is version 12.16.6.574... but the version you indicated is 12.16.9.574. Will this cause a problem or was it maybe just an oversight on the version number?

Do I need to uninstall the current version 11 before installing version 12, or version 13 if I take the upgrade option?

Edited by Maria Reyes

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Maria Reyes

The 12.16.6.574 is just a typo in the https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade page, when you run the version 12 installer, it will download the resources online to install 12.16.9.574. You can verify the version and build after the installation by opening Nitro then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

I recommend to uninstall version 11 if you will install 12.16.9.574 or version 13, but running the installer on top of the existing install should upgrade fine. 

Kind regards, 

Maria Reyes
45 minutes ago, Reymund G. said:

Hi @Maria Reyes

The 12.16.6.574 is just a typo in the https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade page, when you run the version 12 installer, it will download the resources online to install 12.16.9.574. You can verify the version and build after the installation by opening Nitro then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 

I recommend to uninstall version 11 if you will install 12.16.9.574 or version 13, but running the installer on top of the existing install should upgrade fine. 

Kind regards, 

Thank you!!