Deactivating is not working (need it to switch to new PC)

Judith Kloibhofer

Judith Kloibhofer

Hello,

I have troubles with deactivating my Nitro Pro license, which I need to do to be able to use the license on my new PC. When trying to deactivate it in the application the error states: "-24: Activation Error". I also tried the online option to deactivate within the portal by typing in the serial number. However, then a window pops up which says: "please select devices to deactivate", but my only option is to say ok and I cant select any device somewhere. After pressing ok nothing happens. If needed, I can also send my serial number/licence number - however, don't want to publish it here on the forum.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Judith Kloibhofer

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Please provide the serial number that you will use to activate Nitro PDF Pro on the new PC.
You can post here the serial number as we (moderators) always hides the serial number before approving each post.

Kind regards, 

Judith Kloibhofer

okay thanks for the information!

Here my Serial Number: 234***-******-******

Edited by Reymund G.
Hide Serial number

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Judith Kloibhofer

In checking your serial number, I can see that it was a version 10 license. 
Please note that we no longer support Nitro Pro 11 and older and its activation servers have been shut down. Thus, any activation or deactivation attempt on these versions will no longer work. Also, access to the installer for these versions are no longer available.

We recommend upgrading to our latest version, Nitro PDF Pro 13, which comes with significant stability and security improvements, as well as many feature enhancements, in particular in conversion and OCR functions. 
To upgrade to Nitro PDF Pro 13 with a discounted price, please visit our Upgrade page at https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade 

Alternatively, you can continue to use your existing serial number by installing the latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 12 which is 12.16.9.574.
Per our Sunset Policy, https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy, we stopped making feature enhancements to version 12 once we released Nitro PDF Pro 13.  

You can find the Nitro Pro 12.16.9.574 installer from the link below and activate it with your current Nitro Pro serial number:
https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 12' link 

Once Nitro PDF Pro 12 is installed, you can activate it by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, enter the serial number then click Activate.  

Kind regards,

• 5 months later...

Hi Team,

Same issue here, we have deactivate old PC this month, and not accepting on the new PC

Please allow updates

as error is serinal number is not found

Serial #  504************936

T4B Admin - Managing InsituGroup (Eden Lebbos has a new PC)

Thanks again

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide Serial number

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @T4B Admin

In checking the provided serial number, it appears to be not valid. 
Please provide the email address used to purchase this license so we can search and determine the complete and correct serial number. 

Kind regards, 

Hello - we're experiencing this same issue.  Serial number is 504************909.  Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Thank you,

Jake

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide Serial number

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Jake Kisch

In checking the provided serial number, I can see that it is a version 13 license. 
Please uninstall your existing installation and then install the correct version which is Nitro PDF Pro 13. You can download the installer from the following location: 

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link. 

Kind regards, 

Thank you for the assistance.  I uninstalled the version on my machine, redownloaded version 13 at the link provided, and then entered my serial code in the newly downloaded version.  I got a message that says the serial number entered does not exist.  Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot further?

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Jake Kisch

Could you please provide the complete version and build of the Nitro PDF Pro on your computer?
This can be located when you launch the application and then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 
Example: Nitro Pro y.x.x.x where y is the version while x.x.x is the build. 

Lastly, please provide a screenshot of the error message. 

Kind regards, 

I had incorrectly downloaded version 14.  Once I uninstalled and redownloaded the correct version, I was able to activate.  Thank you very much for your time and efforts!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 10:29 PM, Reymund Oyong said:

Greetings @T4B Admin

In checking the provided serial number, it appears to be not valid. 
Please provide the email address used to purchase this license so we can search and determine the complete and correct serial number. 

Kind regards, 

*******@insitugroup.com.au - is the registered address.

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide Email address

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @T4B Admin 

The details of the license we found under your email address have been sent here via direct message.
Please check on it including the steps on how to activate using your serial number. 

Kind regards,

• 2 months later...

Hello,

My last computer crashed and i cannot deactivate the license anymore.

Here is my license 5***************07

Thank you

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide Serial Number

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Randy B

I have made an adjustment to the provided serial number. You should be able to successfully activate Nitro PDF Pro 13 once installed on your computer. 
If needed, the Nitro PDF Pro 13 installer can be located from the link below: 

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link. 

Kind regards, 

Spencer Wohlers

Hi,

Having the same issue of an older version not being able to be deactivated on machines that have been retired.  We want to use the version we had and not interested in a newer version and especially not subscription based (owner will not approve any subscription based software).  The older version worked just fine, anyway.  Can you help me to deactivate\reactivate the older version for the new PCs.  The license code is: 234************23,   234************3.  The  Upgrade Assurance key is: NUA************13, NUA************16

Regards,

Spencer

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide Serial Numbers

1 hour ago, Reymund Oyong said:

Greetings @Randy B

I have made an adjustment to the provided serial number. You should be able to successfully activate Nitro PDF Pro 13 once installed on your computer. 
If needed, the Nitro PDF Pro 13 installer can be located from the link below: 

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link. 

Kind regards, 

Thank you very much, i managed to activate it.

Wish you a great day.

• 5 weeks later...
Kris Corcoran

We are having the same issue here,

Serial number: 234************071

We tried deactivation, would not work.

Kris C

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide Serial Number

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Spencer Wohlers

Please note that we no longer support Nitro Pro 12 and older versions as these have reached the End of Life (see Sunset Policy) and their activation servers have been shut down. 

I understand you are not yet interested in upgrading the license to the latest version.
In any case you want to avail the discounted upgrade price, please visit our Upgrade Page located here https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade

We recommend upgrading to our latest version, Nitro PDF Pro 14, which comes with significant stability and security improvements and many feature enhancements, particularly in Conversion, OCR, and Accessibility functions. 

Kind regards, 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Kris Corcoran

Please refer to the link below or above post regarding version 12 and older licenses. 

Kind regards,

Edited by Reymund Oyong