Restore the Background (Transparent) of an Image (.png) Selected for a Stamp?

Ronald Kohl

Ronald Kohl

When I select the image of a simple, red check mark with a transparent background (a .png file) in Review, Stamp, Create Stamp,  Nitro Pro (13.70.2.4) replaces the transparent background with a black, opaque background which ruins the the simple check-mark effect that is wanted.  I cannot find a way to restore the wanted transparent background, or prevent the application of the black one.  Is there a way?   (This is annoying as the existing, "Standard" stamps all have transparent backgrounds!!!)

• 2 months later...
arnett@whitsoninc.com

Were you ever able to resolve this issue and create a custom stamp with a transparent background? I am having the same issue except that PDF Pro replaces the background of a png with a white opaque background.

Ronald Kohl

Arnett,  I was counting on my post to generate a response with an answer (or at least a note from Nitro Pro, that they are working on it) as I had tried every way I could think of to restore the transparent background.  I am still stuck.  If you succeed in any way, or if any one reading this succeeds, please come back here and post.  Thank you.