Migrate to new laptop - cannot find serial

Mike Gottshall

Mike Gottshall

I have many users with Pro licenses and migrating is difficult as many managers through the years have bought the licenses.  As IT director I need to deploy new laptops and cannot see the whole serial just 504954.....  Am I forced to buy new licensing every time I want to upgrade a laptop?  Is there no central managing of licenses for IT departments?  Our other company uses Adobe Creative and I can centrally manage and deploy.  How do I get this user working on new laptop?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Mike Gottshall

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Unfortunately, we do not have a central license management portal available for your use at this time. However, we can assist you in locating your serial number. To do so, please provide us with the first few digits that you see, along with the following information:

1. First and last name of the purchaser
  2. Email address used to purchase Nitro
  3. Order reference number

If you purchased Nitro Pro directly from our website, providing us with the above information will allow us to look up your account and locate your serial number for you.

Thank you for your cooperation, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Mike Gottshall

If I had the original order I would know who ordered it and email used.  We cannot determine who ordered it.  My email is mike.gottshall@onlocationind.com.  First numbers on the laptop are 504954.  

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Mike Gottshall

I cannot locate the serial number based on the first 6 digits only.

If Nitro is still activated using that serial number on any computer, we might be able to find it via computer ID. On that computer where Nitro is activated with that serial number, please open Nitro, go to Help > About Nitro Pro > Activate/Deactivate > Advanced. Please send me the computer ID.