exceeded maximum installs allowed

Michael Poulin

Michael Poulin

Hi,

I had to reinstall Windows many times over the past few months.  The laptop manufacturer replaced the defective laptop.  I forgot to uninstall Nitro Pro before wiping the laptop drive and returning the unit to them.  Now, I cannot install Nito Pro on the replacement laptop as I have exceeded the install limit.

Could you please reset the count for my licence, serial number ***************?

Thanks, Michael

Edited by Leslie V
Deleted Confidential Information (Serial Number)

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Michael Poulin

Thank you for contacting us - I'm happy to assist you.

I released your serial number so you can reactivate. Can you please try again and let me know how that goes?
Please get the latest version 13 installer from this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads
After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro, click on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate and enter your serial number.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require anything else.

• 4 months later...
Michael Poulin

Hi 

I cannot reactivate my Nitro Pro, licence xxxxxxxxx9206, after a forced factory reset of my laptop.  Could you please reset the number of installs so I can activate Nitro Pro?

Thanks, Michael

Michael Poulin

Hello,

I had to do a full PC reset.  I forgot to deactivate Nitro Pro before the system reset.  I see in my account I can reinstall Nitro 2 more times but am being asked to select the device to deactivate, which I don't seem to be able to do when I click on "deactivate".  Licence ending in xxxx9206.

How do I activate Nitro on the reset system?  Thanks, Michael

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Michael Poulin

I released your serial number so you can reactivate. Can you please try again and let me know how that goes?

Please get the latest version 13 installer from this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro, click on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate and enter your serial number.

If in the future, you would like to move your license to a new computer, or plan on reformatting your computer, I suggest you deactivate first by clicking on: Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate > Deactivate. This will allow you to reactivate on another computer.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require anything else.

Michael Poulin

Thank you, Leslie.

it's been quite a while without a laptop problem and I forgot about deactivating before the reset.  They ended up replacing the hard disk.  Nitro Pro 13 no installed and activated.

Michael