Nitro updates and upgrade issues

jared hedman

jared hedman

Hey Nitro helpers, I've been using Nitro as a consultant for many years, back to 7 and 8.x days.  With that said, I'm currently using version 12.6.3.574 and for the most part it's been pretty stable.  I've started having issues however with large documents like blueprints, and even though my machine has 8 cores and 32GB or RAM, I decided I'd check the version.

I downloaded 12.16.6.574 and no matter what I do it fails to install, my guess is it's not actually trying to do an update.  And I've already tried as admin, etc.  I have also ensured that no Nitro processes were running, etc.  everytime the installer simply says "Nitro Pro Setup Wizard has failed."  I don't see anything in the windows event subsystem either.

Additionally, I just used the website to try and get a upgrade price from this version to 13, but every time I enter the current, working serial number, it says it's not valid.  now over the years I've had dozens of serials, but this one that's currently working just fine won't work on your website.  Thanks in advance.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @jared hedman

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Please note that we no longer support early builds of Nitro Pro 12 or earlier versions and those activation servers have been shut down. If you are experiencing an issue installing the latest build of version 12 (12.16.9.574) using the .exe installer, please try to install using the MSI offline installer. Below are the links to download the installer:

32bit - http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x86.msi
64bit - http://install.nitropdf.com/professional_12169574/en/retail/nitro_pro12_ba_x64.msi 

To know if you have 32-bit or 64-bit, please refer to this article:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/15056/windows-32-64-bit-faq 

Regarding the upgrade, could you please provide your existing license so I could check the status and its eligibility for the upgrade?

Kind regards,

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @jared hedman

Posts are initially hidden and subject to approval.
We hide sensitive information including the serial number details before approving the post. 

I went ahead and check your direct message to see the serial number numbers. 
Please note that the serial number that starts with 160 is not a valid license and is not from Nitro. 
The other two serial numbers (starting with 234) are valid licenses, however, they are no longer active as you upgraded them to a newer version.

I have sent the active serial number here via direct message. 
Please check on it including the steps on what version to install and how to activate. 

Kind regards, 

jared hedman

Thank you for your help, I have responded to your direct message, and have gone through the process of upgrading.  Everything seems to be working fine at this time.

Appreciate it.

Ton Oostveen

Ik kreeg vandaag een mail om van 13 naar 14 te upgraden. Maar na het ingeven van mijn sereinummer krijg ik de melding dat mijn serienummer niet gevalideert kan worden, of ik het correct heb ingevoerd en anders moet ik een bericht achter laten op het communityforum.

Kunt u mij helpen?

Translation:

I received an email today to upgrade from 13 to 14. But after entering my serial number I get the message that my serial number cannot be validated, whether I entered it correctly or else I have to leave a message on the community forum.

Can you help me?

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Added Translation

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Ton Oostveen

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!
I am using Google Translate to translate your post and please allow me to respond using the supported language. 

Please access again our Upgrade Portal then try to upgrade your license to version 14.
If you continue to receive the same message, please provide the serial number that you would like to upgrade. 

Kind regards,