Damaged/Corrupt files - Password protection Reliability?

David Sheldon

David Sheldon

Nitro Pro 13.70.4.50

Although, posted previously, there continues to be corruption with encryption output.  Specifically, the error message appears:  "the file was damaged (corrupted) and has been repaired."  At this point, several environmentals were changed while attempting to password-protect a document. The error was persistent.   Approximately a dozen newly created documents were then used as further testing.  All were "readable" prior to using NitroPo's password protection function and were only  readable in other apps.  Once password protected and saved, and attempted to be reponed in Nitro Pro utilizing the password Input box, the above error continues to appear.  A NitroPro reninstall + several reboots but Nitro continued to fail.  This failure/fault has been previously identified  on the forum .  I believe as recent as .30.  If it helps,  the password protected documents that remain corrupt , I can open them with Adobe Reader.  I look forward for any assist.   Regards,  \DS

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with files protected using both Nitro Pro v13 and Nitro Pro v14.  I'm particularly troubled by the response from support sent to Marco Lauer on November 17, 2022 saying:

"Currently, this issue/request has be placed on the long-term product roadmap, so unfortunately, there is no short-term solution for it.

Please note however, that Nitro typically has multiple releases throughout the year and we would recommend to follow our Release Notes located on our site"

That was 7 months ago.  In the interim you released a major update and *it's still not fixed*?  This is a pretty serious problem to be relegated to a "we might fix it someday" pile.