Nitro 14 Support?

Andrew Oliner

Andrew Oliner

I have Nitro PDF 13, and I just got the version 14 upgrade email. I'd consider upgrading, but I would like to know what kind of support is being offered for this upgrade. Since it's a brand new product, which will probably mean fixes will be necessary, I'd like to know the length of the support being offered. I have also had some real issues applying Nitro PDF updates, so who knows how well the update from 13 to 14 will go?

I have looked on your website and I see no information at all about Nitro 14 support. BTW, I would REALLY like to see the VIP program offered again. I would like better support, and I'm willing to pay for it.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Andrew Oliner

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

You can check our Release Notes page to know more about this major release. 

Regarding the product support accessibility, the Product Updates add-on can be purchased when upgrading or purchasing a license (available as an option to add during the checkout process). This add-on gives the eligibility for a free upgrade (while active) to a newer version and also allows you to submit a support ticket for general use questions of Nitro PDF Pro.
Please note that this add-on cannot be sold as a stand-alone purchase and it is not subscription-based.

In any case you only opted for the upgrade without add-on, you can any time visit this forum and post your questions about the general use of Nitro PDF Pro.  Anyone in this forum can help and share their expertise and experience with the software. 

Kind regards, 

Andrew Oliner
On 5/18/2023 at 9:05 PM, Reymund Oyong said:

This add-on gives the eligibility for a free upgrade (while active) to a newer version and also allows you to submit a support ticket for general use questions of Nitro PDF Pro.

Hi Reymund, thank you for your reply. 

1. When you say "you can submit a support ticket", is the support that you receive limited to one ticket? The use of the singular sort of implies that. 

2. Is the support that the Products Updates add-on gives for a certain period of time? If so, what is that period of time? Can you renew at that point?

Regards,

Andrew Oliner

• 2 weeks later...
Andrew Oliner

I'm trying to buy the upgrade. I'm at the screen where I'm supposed to enter my credit card number, and I have not seen any way to select any additional items, such as the "Products Updates" that you referred to. 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Andrew Oliner

The support is not limited to one ticket, you can anytime submit a support ticket as long as the Product Update is not expired. The add-on expires a year after the purchase and cannot be sold as a stand-alone purchase.
However, this add-on is not available at this time. This decision has been made by our Product Team, and we do not have an estimated timeline for when it will be available again for online/upgrade purchase. 

All posts in our Community Forum are monitored by our Support staff, who aim to respond to as many posts as possible. This online discussion platform is accessible to anyone and we encourage user engagement.

Kind regards, 

Andrew Oliner

Hi @Reymund Oyong,

Thank you for clarifying that the Product Update add-on is not available. That explains my not finding it.

I understand that you guys do your best to respond to issues in the forum, and I appreciate that. However, in the past, I have had some serious issues with installing Nitro 13 updates that have required extensive help from support. Some Nitro 13 updates have left Nitro in an unusable state, and that required some serious help from your support team.

If I have such an issue again with 14, is it possible that an issue that is first reported in the forum can be escalated to a more hands-on approach? There is a limit to what can be accomplished by forum messages.

Since there appears to be no other path to receive product support, I would expect Nitro to do whatever is necessary to support your product. 

If you won't support Nitro PDF beyond a certain level of help, I will probably not purchase 14, and I will probably look for an alternative product with better support.

Thanks,

Andrew Oliner

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Andrew Oliner

As a courtesy and as a long-time user of Nitro PDF Pro, we will attend to your installation problem or any given issues when the Nitro 14 upgrade that leaves an unusable state. 
Kindly send them here as a new post, and we will do our best to accommodate. 

Kind regards,