Your system fails to recognize my Nitro PDF Pro 13 Serial Number / I can't upgrade to Nitro PDF Pro 14

Joseph Gaffney

Joseph Gaffney

Level with me.  What the hell is going on with you folks?.  I feel like I'm caught in a tug-of-war between battling factions of owners/executives.

My Nitro PDF Pro 13 serial number is 504***-******-*******.  It's the right number and the right format.

How can I upgrade to Nitro PDF Pro 14?  Will I get a new serial number?  Will it solve all the problems I've had with Nitro PDF Pro 13?  Will Trump be reëlected in 2024?  This is a recording and I'm very, very frustrated.

My eMail is gaffne****@live.missouristate.edu

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide confidential details
  • I agree 2

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Joseph Gaffney

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

I apologize if you are receiving an error when attempting to upgrade your license to version 14 through our Upgrade Portal. I can confirm that you have a valid and active version 13 license. 

I have taken some minor changes on your account to ensure that you can upgrade the provided serial number to version 14. Please visit again our Upgrade Portal to upgrade your version 13 license. 
Once you have finished the upgrade and payment procedure, you will be provided with a serial number for version 14. This serial number will be used to activate Nitro PDF Pro 14.

The Nitro PDF Pro 14 installer can be located from the link below:
https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - Please ensure to click the 'Download Nitro Pro 14' link.   

Once you have installed Nitro PDF Pro 14 on your computer, you can activate it by navigating to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, enter your version 14 license then click Activate. 

Regarding this major release, I recommend visiting our Release Notes page to see the enhancements and fixes. 

Kind regards, 

chris danker

Am having the same problem with my version 13. copied license with the xxx after first 6 digits to no avail. kindly advise what to do next

regards 

Joseph Gaffney

Dear Mr Oyong,

Thanks very much for your comments and suggestions.  I wish solving my Nitro PDF Pro 13 problems were as simple as you seem to think it is.  I've struggled with my Nitro PDF Pro 13 problems for a long, long time, particularly so over the past six or more weeks when the program seemed to break down completely, possibly because of yet another Microsoft Windows 10 update gone horrendously (and possibly deliberately) wrong (yet again!).

It's impossible to print anything from my Nitro PDF Pro 13 program.  I can print from any other program, including Adobe Acrobat, but not from Nitro.  Also, whenever I highlight anything in Nitro PDF Pro 13——this will astound you!——the highlighting disappears within 15 minutes or so.  It's as evanescent as a meteor shower.

So, I won't put good money after bad by upgrading to Nitro PDF Pro 14 right now.  Given the unfixed (unfixable?) Nitro PDF Pro 13 problems, only a Drunk, an Imbecile, a Liar, or a Lunatic would claim such a move to be . . . prudent.

First, fix Nitro PDF Pro 13 so that all its features work, i.e., so that the $90 I spent to buy it more than a year ago will not have been wasted as they now appear to be.

Second, I do have to give you credit for putting forth——I assume with a straight face & a firm tongue jammed into your cheek——the notion that, if Nitro PDF Pro 13 has become a sudden, even violent failure, the best solution is to buy the later Nitro PDF Pro 14 program——compiled by the very same programmers who compiled the utterly disastrous Nitro PDF Pro 13 program.

Third, I didn't vote for Trump and I would never consider voting for Trump, so my reserve of basic common sense protects me from taking that your advice.

Fourth, even to ask me to upgrade to Nitro PDF Pro 14 and to pay for the privilege of doing so is really, really cheeky.  Fix what you couldn't get right and then I'll seriously consider upgrading to Nitro PDF Pro 14.  When the program works, it's great; however, you're a long, long way from greatness as it now stands.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @chris danker

In reviewing the version 13 serial number under your account, I can see that it is eligible for an upgrade to version 14 through our Upgrade Portal.
If you still cannot proceed with the upgrade, please provide the serial number that you would like to upgrade to version 14.

Kind regards, 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Joseph Gaffney

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with version 13 of Nitro PDF Pro and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and concerns. 
Your feedback is duly noted and will be internally shared with the team for review and investigation. 

In any event that you would like to check what's latest in Nitro PDF Pro, you can anytime visit our Release Notes page at https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads 

Kind regards, 

chris danker
On 5/21/2023 at 1:31 AM, Reymund Oyong said:

Greetings @chris danker

In reviewing the version 13 serial number under your account, I can see that it is eligible for an upgrade to version 14 through our Upgrade Portal.
If you still cannot proceed with the upgrade, please provide the serial number that you would like to upgrade to version 14.

Kind regards, 

Good day Reymund and thanks for your response 

Further to message received , went to upgrade portal for Nitro 14 and after installing , now system shows me have 14 days and trial period will be over.

tried to go to check my license details but there are no details available at all previously. Previously, there were 4 digits followed by  xxxxx but currently all is missing.

Appreciate your kind assist 

Regards 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @chris danker

After the installation of Nitro PDF Pro 14, you will need to activate it using a version 14 license. 
When you upgrade your serial number through the Upgrade Portal, you will receive a new serial number which is version 14. 

To activate, open Nitro PDF Pro 14 then navigate to the Help tab and then click Activate, enter your version 14 license then click Activate. 
If the activation did not work for you, please provide the serial number you are using to activate the software. 

Kind regards, 

chris danker

Hi Reymund

After upgrading  to Nitro 14 , no serial number was provided and think the Nitro 13 license details have also been ovewritten.

Previously the Nitro 13 license had the 4 digits with the xxxxxx.  Now when try to activate system requests for serial number for Nitro 14 upgrade which unfortunately didnt receive.

kindly advise how do i overcome this impasse

Regards 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @chris danker

At present, I do not see any recent license upgrade purchase under your email address ch*****@pd.jaring.asia

The license upgrade is done via the Upgrade Portal at https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade
In this portal, you will enter your existing serial number and then follow the upgrade process. Once done, you will receive a version 14 serial number which you will use to activate the Nitro PDF Pro 14 installation. 

Kind regards, 

chris danker
6 hours ago, Reymund Oyong said:

Hi @chris danker

At present, I do not see any recent license upgrade purchase under your email address ch*****@pd.jaring.asia

The license upgrade is done via the Upgrade Portal at https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade
In this portal, you will enter your existing serial number and then follow the upgrade process. Once done, you will receive a version 14 serial number which you will use to activate the Nitro PDF Pro 14 installation. 

Kind regards, 

Hi Reymund 

Sorry but if refer to the initial communication above on 21 May , the problem was being unable to see  complete serial number at my version 13( 6 digits followed by xxxxxx) and when copied it , response was unable to identify license number. 

Will try to do it again per your latest advice but as mentioned earlier when upgraded , license details for version 13 was overwritten and do not have any record . 

Regards 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @chris danker

Please note that the entire serial number is not displayed in the application. This is to protect the license from unauthorized use and theft. 
Could you please provide the details of the serial number you have in the application? Kindly open Nitro PDF Pro then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro, take note of the serial number including the xxxx, and then send it here. 

Kind regards,