Nitro Pro Upgrade Portal not recognizing V13 serial number.

John Gupton

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @John Gupton

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Please provide the serial number that you would like to activate to version 14.
Having this information will help us look into the issue that is preventing you to proceed with the upgrade.

Kind regards,

John Gupton

Below is the serial number I received to activate Version 13:
Serial Number:  504***-******-******

I tried this serial number both with and without the dashes to no avail.

Also, for your reference, V13 upgrade purchased 7/16/2020 with 1 year Product Updates

Reference number:  23*******

Invoice number:  BKD-7**********

-John

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide sensitive information

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @John Gupton

I have taken the necessary adjustment to ensure that you can proceed with upgrading your existing license to version 14 through the Upgrade Portal. 
Please access again our Upgrade Portal and then proceed with upgrading your license. 

Kind regards, 

John Gupton

Hello Reymund,

I was able to purchase the upgrade to V14.  However, it will not install.  The wizard keeps failing.

I even tried using the cleanup.vbs file that I downloaded from Nitro a few years ago.  Indeed everything Nitro was cleaned from my system.  Still V14.3.1.193 fails to install.

I can send you the two install logs if that will help.  They are entitled "Nitro_PDF_Pro_20230526003004.log" and "Nitro_PDF_Pro_20230526003004_000_NitroInstallationPackageId_x64.log".  Just supply me a link to send them.

Thank you.

John

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @John Gupton

Thank you for providing the logs. However, I kindly request that you keep them for now as I am interested in determining whether the installation will proceed successfully when utilizing the MSI installer. Below are the direct download links to the MSI installer:

64bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_14.3.1.193/en/retail/nitro_pro14_ba_x64.msi 
32bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_14.3.1.193/en/retail/nitro_pro14_ba_x86.msi

Please let me know how the installation using MSI works for you. 

John Gupton

Hello Reymund:

Thank you for responding.

I actually had the full 14.3.1.193 msi installer before contacting you.  It would not install either.

However after contacting you last Friday, I decided to try a System Restore at the point where I uninstalled V13.70.4.50.  After the System Restore I then performed an install repair of V13.70.4.50 to ensure all registry values and other Nitro Data were in place.  Happily, V13 worked fine (I did have to reactivate it with the original serial number).

So, I then tried installing V14.3.1.193 again, and IT WORKED (after activation).  I think when I performed the  complete uninstall of V13, I may have removed some components of the Nalpeiron Licensing Service.  I couldn't even re-install V13.  So that's why I tried the System Restore.

This Case may now be closed with my thanks.

Best,

John Gupton

John Luckett

I am having the exact same issue.  The portal will not recognize my v13 serial number. The is the number on my version 13 receipt 504***************.  Please help resolve.

John Luckett 

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide Serial number

John Luckett

Upgrade portal does not recognize my version 13 license number 504***-******-****** when trying to upgrade to version 14 using the link in email sent to me.

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide Serial Number

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @John Luckett

I have taken the necessary adjustment to ensure that you can proceed with upgrading your existing license to version 14 through the Upgrade Portal.
Please access again our Upgrade page and then try to upgrade your serial number. 

Kind regards,

John Burger

I also am having the exact same activation issue of V13 to V14.  The portal will not recognize my v13 serial number. The serial is the number on my version 13 receipt is 504***************.  Please advise, and please do not publish my serial number.

John B.

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide Serial number

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @John Burger

I have sent you a direct message regarding the upgrade options to version 14.

Kind regards, 

Matthias Drescher-Hackel

Ich habe auch genau das gleiche Aktivierungsproblem von V13 bis V14. Das Portal erkennt meine v13-Seriennummer nicht.

"Wir konnten Ihre Seriennummer nicht validieren. Bitte stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie die Seriennummer korrekt eingegeben haben. Wenn Sie der Meinung sind, dass Sie für ein Upgrade in Frage kommen, posten Sie bitte in unserem Community-Forum und teilen Sie uns Ihr Problem mit."

Die Seriennummer ist die Nummer auf meiner Quittung der Version 13 ist 504***************.

Translation:

I also have the exact same activation problem from V13 to V14. The portal does not recognize my v13 serial number.

"We couldn't validate your serial number. Please make sure you've entered the serial number correctly. If you think you're eligible for an upgrade, please post on our community forum and let us know your issue with."

The serial number is the number on my version 13 receipt is 504***************

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide Serial number and adding translation

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Matthias Drescher-Hackel

I used Google Translate to your message in this post. 

Please access again our Upgrade page and then try to upgrade your serial number. 

Kind regards,