Free upgrade to Nitro Pro 14 fails

William Agar

William Agar

I have two licenses that will not upgrade to Nitro Pro 14 by using your upgrade website;

xxxxxxxxx923554 which was purchased 7/29/21 and xxxxxxxxxx874484 which was purchased on 2/10/22 both via Cleverbridge for $89.99 each. Transaction and Invoice numbers are available if needed and a secure method is provided to send them to you.

Your help would  be greatly appreciated

William Agar

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @William Agar

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

I have taken the necessary adjustment to ensure that you can proceed with upgrading your existing license to version 14 through the Upgrade Portal. 
Please access again our Upgrade Portal and try to upgrade these serial numbers. 

Kind regards,

William Agar

Please try again. I am supposed to be getting free upgrades to version 14, but when I tried the Upgrade Portal after getting your message, Both licenses were only offered upgrades for $89.99 each?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello William,

Your serial number purchased in February 2022 was purchased with the Product Updates add-on. This is eligible for the free upgrade.

However, the other key purchased in July 2021 does not have this add-on, so the discounted upgrade price will apply.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

William Agar

I tried it on your upgrade website for the newest purchase xxxxx1874484 and the website shows eligible for an upgrade, Coupon Code Pro14 Full Discount/free but Nitro Store failed as follows. The total owed is $0.00 and the Total saved says $89.99 but I get Input Error below. I tried it initially entering my e-mail, name, zip code in the blanks and without my info. It fails both ways and the highlighted data it seems to want is the Credit Card number and date fields. Since it is no cost I have nothing to input in those fields. Please fix this. 

INPUT ERROR

An error occurred while validating your entries. Please correct the data in the highlighted fields.

• Official Nitronaut
On 5/29/2023 at 4:14 AM, William Agar said:

I tried it on your upgrade website for the newest purchase xxxxx1874484 and the website shows eligible for an upgrade, Coupon Code Pro14 Full Discount/free but Nitro Store failed as follows. The total owed is $0.00 and the Total saved says $89.99 but I get Input Error below. I tried it initially entering my e-mail, name, zip code in the blanks and without my info. It fails both ways and the highlighted data it seems to want is the Credit Card number and date fields. Since it is no cost I have nothing to input in those fields. Please fix this. 

INPUT ERROR

An error occurred while validating your entries. Please correct the data in the highlighted fields.

I sent you a direct message regarding this.

William Rocha

I too am having the same problem trying to upgrade my Nitro to the new version (invoice # XXXXX8898). I am being told by the AI that I need to pay to upgrade (I had purchased the unlimited upgrades as seen on the invoice).  Can someone please help me?

William Agar

Your message concerning trying a different browser did not work. I replied to your message telling you that even with all pop up blockers turned off, neither browser would let me complete the transaction.

I gave up on your support and entered a Visa Gift card that only had a couple of dollars left on it so there was no risk if it was charged, and then completed the transaction, receiving my new serial number. I guess I will have to pay the $89.99 for my other Nitro Pro upgrade since you said it did not qualify for the free update.

• Official Nitronaut
On 6/2/2023 at 9:25 PM, William Rocha said:

I too am having the same problem trying to upgrade my Nitro to the new version (invoice # XXXXX8898). I am being told by the AI that I need to pay to upgrade (I had purchased the unlimited upgrades as seen on the invoice).  Can someone please help me?

Hello @William Rocha

Your Nitro Pro 12 order (invoice # XXXXX8898) had a Product Updates add-on valid for a year (2019). You used this and upgraded free of charge to Nitro Pro 13.

Unfortunately, there is no active Product Updates add-on associated with your Nitro Pro 13 purchase, which means that a free upgrade is not available in this case.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your purchase or any other matter, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

• Official Nitronaut
On 6/3/2023 at 1:25 AM, William Agar said:

Your message concerning trying a different browser did not work. I replied to your message telling you that even with all pop up blockers turned off, neither browser would let me complete the transaction.

I gave up on your support and entered a Visa Gift card that only had a couple of dollars left on it so there was no risk if it was charged, and then completed the transaction, receiving my new serial number. I guess I will have to pay the $89.99 for my other Nitro Pro upgrade since you said it did not qualify for the free update.

You made 2 Nitro Pro 13 orders, one in 2021 and one in 2022. The 2022 purchase included a "Product Update" add-on which made you eligible for a free upgrade to the next version. Note that the 2021 purchase did not have this add-on, and so the upgrade is not free.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

David Woffinden

I purchased Nitro Pro 13 and paid for a product upgrade and continued to pay for the  VIP service until it was longer offered to individuals.  I can provide documentation if needed.  I was informed that when the next major release was out I would get the update free because I already paid for it.  I tried to upgrade my license but was unsucessful.  I tried to reply to the prior support ticket and received an automatic reply saying the ticket was closed.   I deactiviated my license and tried to do the upgrade again but this also failed.  I messaged Nitronaut staff 5 days ago and have not received any reply.  The message status is stil "not read".  I tried to look for a place where I could submit a support ticket but was unable to find where I could fill out a form as I have done in the past.  I tried the chat option but was unsucessful in getting a response on how to get the license database adjusted to solve my problem.  How do I contact technical support to get the  license database adjusted so that I can get an updated license.  Quoting from my prior support ticket.

How do I get the license database adjusted so my license can be updated as described in this support ticket?

Edited by Leslie V

spflybvi@outlook.com

Hello,

Having same problem... The page at www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade does not recognize the Version 13 Serial # that I purchased on 10 FEB 2022. I understand it has been more than a year and thus not eligible for free upgrade but you generally offer a discounted price for upgrades vs. new product purchase...

Let me know if you need any supporting documentation.

• Official Nitronaut
12 minutes ago, spflybvi@outlook.com said:

Hello,

Having same problem... The page at www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade does not recognize the Version 13 Serial # that I purchased on 10 FEB 2022. I understand it has been more than a year and thus not eligible for free upgrade but you generally offer a discounted price for upgrades vs. new product purchase...

Let me know if you need any supporting documentation.

Hi @spflybvi@outlook.com

Please try upgrading again here: https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

Lionel Johnson

I'm also having the same issue regarding my NitroPro Order #xxxxxxxxx on 2/11/2022 for Nitro Pro 13 with a promised free upgrade to NitroPro version 14. I was actually following the link from an email received on 5/18/2023 offering me the "free" upgrade but was only offered the "discounted" upgrade at $89.99.

Lionel Johnson

Edited by Leslie V
Deleted Confidential Information

Nicholas Lue Sue

I cannot upgrade to 14 this is the error message  - "We were unable to validate your serial number. Please ensure you entered it correctly. If you believe you are eligible for an upgrade, please leave a post on our Community Forum and update us with your issue."

I have entered the correct serial number repeatedly same error. Purchased today serial number ends in 0F785B77.

Assistance required.

• Official Nitronaut
On 6/17/2023 at 3:02 AM, Lionel Johnson said:

I'm also having the same issue regarding my NitroPro Order #xxxxxxxxx on 2/11/2022 for Nitro Pro 13 with a promised free upgrade to NitroPro version 14. I was actually following the link from an email received on 5/18/2023 offering me the "free" upgrade but was only offered the "discounted" upgrade at $89.99.

Lionel Johnson

Hi @Lionel Johnson

I have made the necessary changes, please try upgrading again here: https://gonitro.com/support/upgrade

• Official Nitronaut
On 6/17/2023 at 6:17 AM, Nicholas Lue Sue said:

I cannot upgrade to 14 this is the error message  - "We were unable to validate your serial number. Please ensure you entered it correctly. If you believe you are eligible for an upgrade, please leave a post on our Community Forum and update us with your issue."

I have entered the correct serial number repeatedly same error. Purchased today serial number ends in 0F785B77.

Assistance required.

Hello @Nicholas Lue Sue

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please send me your serial number so I can check. I cannot locate it using the email address that you provided.

I look forward to your response.