Attempting to install Nitro PDF 14 on a Windows365 cloud PC and get Nitro PDF Setup wizard has failed.

Raymond Ruffin

Raymond Ruffin

I have successfully installed it on one Cloud PC. The other two give the same error message. The first attempt was done through a policy and that failed. So I attempt to manually install, the progress bar passes download and when it hits 1 percent of the installation I get the following message : Nitro PDF Setup wizard has failed

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprise

Version    10.0.22000 Build 22000

Edited by Raymond Ruffin

Raymond Ruffin

I resolve the issue myself by doing the following steps:

1. Download and install CC cleaner ran registry clean. ( FYI - I tried to skip this step on one machine and I still got the error message)

2. Downloaded and Ran vbs cleanup utility (https://www.gonitro.com/support/tools/cleanup-utility-list)

3. Additionally did an F3  search for Nitro (Find next ) and deleted every entry for nitro possible ( There was a few keys I had to edit the permissions, by right clicking , go to permissions, and change file owner to yourself (must have admin rights on your system) , then give yourself full control and you can delete the key.

Edited by Raymond Ruffin