Problems with Nitro Pro 14 upgrade

Brian Dyck

Brian Dyck

I upgraded my Nitro Pro 13 to the Nitro Pro 14 a few weeks ago. It will not let me edit any pdf file documents. I have tried repairing the program and everything I know to do and it still does not work properly. Please advise.

Brian Dyck
On 6/8/2023 at 4:38 AM, Brian Dyck said:

I upgraded my Nitro Pro 13 to the Nitro Pro 14 a few weeks ago. It will not let me edit any pdf file documents. I have tried repairing the program and everything I know to do and it still does not work properly. Please advise.

On 6/8/2023 at 4:38 AM, Brian Dyck said:

I upgraded my Nitro Pro 13 to the Nitro Pro 14 a few weeks ago. It will not let me edit any pdf file documents. I have tried repairing the program and everything I know to do and it still does not work properly. Please advise. You are welcome to call me at 2**-***-****

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide confidential details

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Brian Dyck

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

I understand that you cannot edit a PDF document after the upgrade to version 14. 

I would like to know the exact behavior of the issue. Is there an error message that prevents you from editing the PDF in Nitro PDF Pro 14?
For testing purposes, could you please download the attached PDF file and then let me know if you also cannot edit it? Test Document.pdf

Kind regards,

10 hours ago, Reymund Oyong said:

Greetings @Brian Dyck

I understand that you cannot edit a PDF document after the upgrade to version 14. 

I would like to know the exact behavior of the issue. Is there an error message that prevents you from editing the PDF in Nitro PDF Pro 14?
For testing purposes, could you please download the attached PDF file and then let me know if you also cannot edit it? Test Document.pdf

Kind regards,

No, it actually crashed on opening in the program.

There is actually no error messages for the most part. Once in a while I will get a window that says something about submitting the error to diagnostic. Otherwise it just doesn't work at all to edit any documents at all. I can usually load a document but if it is a larger document I start to scroll through it and it will suddenly crash the program and try to restart.

I have used your program for many years and install it on all our company computers. I have had good success through the years using your software, but since I have upgraded to the Nitro Pro 14, my computer crashes every time I try to edit a file. I can usually read a pdf file without it crashing but as soon as I try to edit the document it crashes and restarts. I have moved over to Adobe Pro just because I must have an editor to use. I have uninstalled the program and installed it again with the same results. Please advise.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Brian Dyck

I do have Nitro PDF Pro 14 on my machines and so far, I have not encountered any issues related to sudden crashes during start-up or while viewing/editing a document. 
Please try performing a clean uninstall using our cleanup tool then reinstall Nitro PDF Pro 14 (steps below).

1. Download the Nitro cleanup tool from the link below:
https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_14.3.1.193/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

Please note that customized stamps will be removed since this tool will remove all traces of Nitro. If you have customized stamps, please refer to the link below about how to transfer/backup stamps: 

https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004509 

Skip this part and move to the next step if you do not have any customized stamps.

2. Extract the cleanup utility then run the cleanup tool by double-clicking nitro-cleanup.vbs. Please be aware that a command window will appear during the cleanup process.
3. After the cleanup, restart the computer. 
4. Download and install Nitro PDF Pro 14 from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 14' link.   

5. Once Nitro PDF Pro 14 is installed, launch the software then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter your version 14 license then click Activate.

Kindly observe the performance of the application after completing the cleanup and re-installation. 

Kind regards, 

I did all that you mentioned to do and it still doesn't work for me. My Nitro Pro 13 worked fine so I want to go back to that version, but now I get a message that I already have a later version installed. I used the above cleanup program to remove the Nitro Pro 14. Please advise.

Michael Keller

After upgrade from Nitro 13 to 14 the Print driver is gone.  Using the support tool simple says failed.  

Product:            Nitro PDF Pro (14.3.1.193) x64
License:            504924XXXXXXXXXXXX
Logging:            Enabled
Printer:            failed

I have tried to do the install with no MS Office apps running.  No AV running but just get failed.  The support tool is reporting the OS wrong.  It is Windows 11.  What do you recommend as the next steps.  

Operating System:        Windows 10 Pro
System Memory:        31.7 GB
Current Locale:        English (United States)
Current Resolution:        1920x1200
Current DPI:        96
Current Colors:        32 bpp
MDAC Version:        2.32
.NET Framework:        v2.0.50727 (SP 2)
.NET Framework:        v3.0 (SP 2)
.NET Framework:        v3.5 (SP 1)
.NET Framework:        v4 (Client 4.8.04161)
.NET Framework:        v4 (Full 4.8.04161)
.NET Framework:        v4.0 (Client 4.0.0.0)
Windows Installer:        5.0.22000.2057
[PRINTERS]
OneNote (Desktop)     - local
OneNote for Windows 10     - local
Send To OneNote 2010     - local
Quicken PDF Printer     - local
Microsoft XPS Document Writer     - local
Microsoft Print to PDF     - local
Fax     - local
Brother MFC-7460DN Printer (Copy 1)     - local
Brother MFC-7460DN Printer     - local
Brother HL-3070CW series     - local
ABS PDF Driver v400     - local

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong
On 6/20/2023 at 10:40 PM, Brian Dyck said:

I did all that you mentioned to do and it still doesn't work for me. My Nitro Pro 13 worked fine so I want to go back to that version, but now I get a message that I already have a later version installed. I used the above cleanup program to remove the Nitro Pro 14. Please advise.

Hi @Brian Dyck

I just performed an uninstall using the cleanup tool and it did remove the application on my machine. 
On your computer, please go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features then check if Nitro PDF Pro is still installed. If there is none, perform a system restart then try to install Nitro PDF Pro 13 using the installer from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link. 

Kind regards, 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Michael Keller

We are still investigating the Support Tools log that display Windows 10 on a Windows 11 machine. As per the Printer Driver, could you please check if you see the Nitro PDF Creator printer in your Printers & Scanners?
If the virtual printer is not there, please try the steps below to reinstall the Nitro PDF Creator printer:

1. Go to the installation directory of Nitro PDF Pro. Example: C:\Program Files\Nitro\PDF Pro\14

2. Look for NitroPDFSupportTools.exe Look for NitroPDFSupportTools.exe then open it.
3. In the Support Tools window, go to the PDF Creation tab.
4. Click the Nitro PDF Creator button. This will reinstall the Nitro PDF Creator on the computer. 
Please note that this tool needs administrator rights. When prompted, click 'Yes' and then follow steps 1 to 4. 

When done, a window with the message 'Installation of the printer driver was successful' will appear. Click Ok then close the Support Tools window. 

After completing these steps, please check if Nitro PDF Creator is listed as one of the printers in the Printers & Scanners section of Windows. 

Kind regards,