"We were unable to validate your serial number"

Pierre Igot

Pierre Igot

I just upgraded to Ventura and it says my copy of PDFPen Pro 13, which was working fine in Monterey, is "damaged". And it won't run.

I am trying to check my upgrade options, but the form at https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade says "We were unable to validate your serial number".

It's a serial number starting with PPRO13_S_1_…

Please advise.

Pierre

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Pierre Igot

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Please note that the Upgrade Page is currently for the Nitro PDF Pro for Windows. Furthermore, the Nitro PDF Pro for Mac is still on version 13 as the latest version. 
I recommend updating your PDFpenPro 13 installation to Nitro PDF Pro 13. You should be able to register Nitro PDF Pro 13 for Mac since you have a version 13 license code. 

The latest build of Nitro PDF Pro 13 for Mac can be found from the link below:
https://downloads.gonitro.com/macos/Nitro PDF Pro Retail_13.3.1.dmg

Once installed, follow the steps below on how to register it:

1. Launch Nitro PDF Pro
2. Click on "Register with a license"
3. Paste your version 13 license code:
4. Click the Activate button

Kind regards, 

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Upgrade Page link

• 2 weeks later...
Chris Walker

I'm in a similar position to others on this thread and have been unable to navigate the labyrinthine nature of the Nitro site.  I did try contacting support but they're obviously only interested in major corporate accounts.  Even signing up for the user forum assumes you're a business.......  

Long time Mac user of PDFPen since V4.  I have V13.1 which has always told me there are no updates.  I now find there is an update to 13.3.1 of Nitro Pro but this will not accept my PDF Pen license.  After a lot of effort I managed to find the well hidden  "essentials" version and that does accept the PDFPen V13 license.   However I'm told that any upgrade to Nitro Pro comes at full price, which to me, suggests the essentials version will be EOL in the near future, most likely when v14 Nitro Pro is released.  Having to pay UK£ 190.00 rather than the $36 upgrade price mentioned above, would mean I'm out.  

In short:

Will the Mac version of "essentials" be EOL after this version?

Is there still a reasonable upgrade offer to NitroPro V13, or or will this have to wait until V14 Nitro Pro.  I'm assuming these will be standalone versions or at least the option of no subscription.

Since I'm about to upgrade to Ventura, have the bugs been sorted out in V13?  I have one machine on Catalina and V13 seems OK on that.

The Smile license for PDF Pen allowed 1 user two machines (= Desktop+Laptop).  Is this still the case with Nitro - Essentials and/or Pro?

Thanks for any help.

Chris Walker

Is this Forum actively monitored by Nitro or am I posting in the wrong place?  

Other than via this Forum there appears to be no way of contacting a live person at Nitro........

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Chris Walker

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!
I do apologize for the delay and for the inconvenience this issue has caused. 

Below is my response to your other forum post:

Here are my inputs to your additional questions in this post:

Regarding the availability of the Essentials, our pricing page for Nitro PDF Pro for Mac is still selling the Essentials edition and I have not heard of making this Essentials to be on EOL after version 13.

The upgrade price from Essentials to Pro remains the same. You can stay on this edition and upgrade to Pro once the next version is released. 

I have a Nitro PDF Pro 13.3.1 build on my MacBook running Ventura and the application appears to be running fine with no issues, especially crash issues. 

A single license of Essentials or Pro will allow you to register five (5) installations as long as you are the primary user of all computers. 

Kind regards,