error message 0x40000001

Theresa Comer

Theresa Comer

Our company recently started using Nitro Pro for PDF handling.  PDFs are received via secure email, our intake users save the file with Nitro Pro, complete their process and forward it to me. Ever since we started using Nitro Pro, one particular user consistently sends me files I am unable to open and get the error message: The document c:\Users\...\Filename.pdf could not be opened.  Please contact Nitro Support for assistance.   The error occurs even if I save the file before opening.  The user is in another area, so I do not have the power to compel them to reach out to support (although, I am trying), and   I cannot send you the file due to HIPPA factors, is there anything I can do on my end to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Theresa

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Theresa Comer

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue when opening the PDF document in Nitro PDF Pro.

Unfortunately, the 0x40000001 is one of the nonspecific Windows errors that is forwarded to the application which is kinda difficult to determine why it is happening. 
If the file is stored on a network drive or a cloud drive, it is possible there was a hiccup while loading or saving the file.

You may have better success copying the file to the local desktop before trying to edit it and then manually copying the file back to the desired location.
If you continue to have the error when opening the file from a local drive it may indicate an issue with the file. Or, when saving the file locally, it auto-saves on a network/cloud storage like OneDrive or Google Drive. 

Kind regards,