App Open with 6 Docs, BLACK SCREEN (TRIAL VERSION) in Task View

Steven Welch

Steven Welch

After installing today's Windows 10 update, Nitro Pro 14 stopped working correctly.  It "opened" but with no viewable screen on either of my monitors.  The app icon is underlined indicating it is running, but there is no screen.  If I open task view, there is a screen, but it is black and shows no content.  The title line above the black screen includes a trial version expiration warning.  I upgraded to most recent version when it started acting up, but it ain't freaking working, and I need it to work.

Steven Welch

I am a license holder for Nitro Pro PDF 14.  After a recent Windows 10 Update, Nitro would open, but it would not display.  I followed the standard 1-2-3: close all software; exit from all background apps; check for and install Windows app updates; run one more search for Windows 10 updates; restart computer.  Still nothing.  Again, Nitro will start, but it will not display.  I uninstalled and reinstalled several times from both Control Panel and Windows Apps Settings.  I downloaded a fresh copy of it from Product Updates to my OneDrive/Sharepoint.  I installed from my OneDrive. Still the same error.  It's tiresome.  I do not know what to do.  It has been several days since it worked properly, and I absolutely require a working .pdf software.  I need help, please!

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Steven Welch

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

I have seen this behavior before when the application launches but it just appears on the Windows Taskbar and does not exhibit any error message. 
Please try the following and see if it helps:

1. Open Nitro PDF Pro again. 
2. From the Windows Taskbar, focus on Nitro Pro by clicking on it.
3. Press the Windows key + Left/Right arrow on your keyboard until the Nitro Pro window appears.

Sometimes this happens when Nitro Pro is stuck outside the displayed area on your monitor. 
You can also check if you can move the Nitro Pro window (in case it's off-screen) by holding Shift and right-clicking the Nitro Pro icon in the Taskbar and selecting, "Move". Then, continuously press the Left/Right arrow key on your keyboard until it appears on the screen.

You may also try Maximizing the application in the Task Manager > Processes tab. When you see the Nitro Pro icon under the Processes tab of Task Manager, expand it then right-click and select Maximize. 

Kind regards,

Steven Welch
On 7/4/2023 at 5:51 AM, Reymund Oyong said:

Greetings @Steven Welch

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

I have seen this behavior before when the application launches but it just appears on the Windows Taskbar and does not exhibit any error message. 
Please try the following and see if it helps:

1. Open Nitro PDF Pro again. 
2. From the Windows Taskbar, focus on Nitro Pro by clicking on it.
3. Press the Windows key + Left/Right arrow on your keyboard until the Nitro Pro window appears.

Sometimes this happens when Nitro Pro is stuck outside the displayed area on your monitor. 
You can also check if you can move the Nitro Pro window (in case it's off-screen) by holding Shift and right-clicking the Nitro Pro icon in the Taskbar and selecting, "Move". Then, continuously press the Left/Right arrow key on your keyboard until it appears on the screen.

You may also try Maximizing the application in the Task Manager > Processes tab. When you see the Nitro Pro icon under the Processes tab of Task Manager, expand it then right-click and select Maximize. 

Kind regards,

Thank you so much.  Your description is exactly the problem I was having, and, though it took me a few hours, I eventually figured out that the screen was "hidden."  It merely took to maximize the screen for it to return to normal function, which allowed me to input my serial number, and I was back in business.  Again, thank you so much.