Word to pdf conversion from file

Julie Howard

Julie Howard

Hi, I am having trouble converting my files into pdf from the file name.  Until recently, I could go into my folder choose the word document that I wanted to convert, right click on the word file, and it comes up with "Convert to PDF with NitroPro".  I used to also be able to "combine word files" for conversion to pdf but this now does not work (so now I have to open the file completely and use the "print to pdf" feature, which is time consuming as I always have a lot to convert. 

But for some reason (I think it could have been a microsoft 365 update that seemed to mess with a lot of other things), all my add-ins are now gone completely, not even on my hard drive.  So when I follow the usual instructions to re-add the "add-ins" nothing works because they are just not there.  The Nitro message comes up with "Your Nitro Pro Word add-in is disabled or installed incorrectly. To continue, plase enable/re-install Word add-in and try again". 

What are my options?  Am I able to find these add-ins on the internet?  Or is it a case of a complete uninstall and reinstall of the software?  I have NitroPro13. 

Thank you. 

Julie Howard

I am unable to combine word documents, all was working fine until then, then some of the addins disappeared on Nitro and other software. Strangely Microsoft 365 had done an update around that same time as my problems started (which was about a week or so ago).  

I also cannot convert a word document from the file level to pdf which I could also do before now, but this is not working. This was using the right click on the file name and the document used to convert to pdf immediately.

I have reinstalled nitro 13 but I could not remove all of the previous installations which were NitroPro11 and obviously Pro13.

The reinstallation reinstated one of the word addins, and that reinstated my Nitro Tab (which had also disappeared at the same time as the problems started). 

I would like some assistance or instructions to get the addins to work properly or even check to see if I have the right addins.  I'm not even sure yet if there are any other problems, until I go to use them I am unaware of anything these that may be messed up. 

Edited by Julie Howard
Formatting

Julie Howard

I have since tried to reinstall NitroPro13 but am still having problems, that newer post is under Nitro - Conversions, but if my posts were approved by a moderator that might help get some answers. I'm struggling to get any help with this issue. 

Julie Howard

Since my posts above, I have had other issues with other software, and today another company fixed one of my other programs that was having problems, they went straight to microsoft 365 and did a repair, and this is when all my problems started, when a microsoft update was done last Monday (would have been 26 June).  Lo and behold, my NITRO is back to being normal again and all the things that didn't work, now do 😁. So it seems, ms 365 update was the culprit as suspected. 

Edited by Julie Howard