Checked if my license was eligible for the 14 upgrade but ended with a business license?

Steven DENISE

Steven DENISE

Hi everyone,

I just saw version 14 was available for Nitro Pro. I just wanted to check if my license was eligible for an upgrade on this page: https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade . I ended with the following message:

Your Nitro PDF Pro license has been consolidated into a business license – please contact your account manager

Did I do something wrong? I'm a single home user with a 13 pro license.

I'm looking forward to your answer. Have a great evening

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Steven DENISE

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

I have taken the necessary adjustment to ensure that you can proceed with upgrading your existing license to version 14 through the Upgrade Portal.
Please access again our Upgrade Page and then try to upgrade your serial number. 

Kind regards,

Steven DENISE

Hi @Reymund Oyong and thank you for your kind answer

I tried to upgrade to the version 14 through the Upgrade Portal. It is perfectly available, as you said.

Do you have any information about why I was told about a business license for a personal user? When I try to login to my account from the app, I'm asked for a business email. Is there something wrong?

Have a great day. Kind regards

• 2 weeks later...
Steven DENISE

Hi @Reymund Oyong

My account seems to be mistakenly upgraded to a business one. What can I do about this.

Is there a way to contact support? The support ticket page sends me here.

I'm looking forwards to your answer.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Steven DENISE

I have tried multiple times and I am receiving the message 'You’re eligible for a discounted upgrade to the newest version of Nitro Pro.' when entering your serial number in the Upgrade Portal.

I also checked your account records and can confirm that your serial number is eligible for a discounted upgrade price through the Upgrade Portal. 
The initial message you see might be a small system error. 

Kind regards, 

Steven DENISE

Greetings @Reymund Oyong. Thank you for your message.

I've tried using my serial in the Upgrade Portal and I seem eligible. Is there a way to check if my account has been set to a business one?

When I log into the application, I'm asked for my "Business email", which seems new. I can successfully log in with the email and password I registered with.

Have a great day. Kinds regards

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Steven DENISE

Logging in or signing up for an account in Nitro Sign will ask for the Business email but it will still accept personal email addresses like Gmail accounts. 
Nitro Sign is different from Nitro PDF Pro, and the upgrade of the license is mainly for the Nitro PDF Pro serial numbers. Upgrading the Nitro PDF Pro license does not have any dependencies on the Nitro Sign account. 

Kind regards, 

Steven DENISE

Hi @Reymund Oyong

Thanks again for your help. So Nitro Sign asking for my business email is something totally normal, not depending on having a personal or business license.

You confirm that my account is still a personal one and that the message about the business account was just a small system error?

Regarding an older version/license - my last installed version was 12 however I have now moved to a different computer and have downloaded the current v.14. Am I able to activate the trail copy with my old serail # (I have tried to go through the Deactivate/Activate process but it doesn't show anything to deactivate) without success. Am I required/do I need to upgrade to v.14?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Steven DENISE

Nitro Sign requires an account which requires an email address upon sign-up, any valid email address will be accepted during the sign-up.

The initial message you received when checking the upgrade eligibility in the upgrade portal was just a minor system check glitch and has been automatically corrected.
Your serial number is a single-user license that was purchased online and not a business license. In the upgrade portal, clicking the 'Get Upgrade' portal should give the message 'You’re eligible for a discounted upgrade to the newest version of Nitro Pro.'  as displayed below:

image.png.834dd02ddd247c3a1f8278d3cdc5f72e.png

Kind regards, 

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Bruce Sealy

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Please note that a Nitro PDF Pro 14 installation will require a version 14 license. 
You may upgrade your existing license to version 14 with a discount through our Upgrade Portal at https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade

If you encounter an issue with the license upgrade, kindly provide the serial number that you would like to upgrade so we can check it on our end. 

Kind regards,