Can't install 14.7.1.21 as an update. Download fails at 98%

Andrew Oliner

Andrew Oliner

I'm using the installer I downloaded from the website. I'm trying to install it on top of 14.3.1.193

The installer downloads up to 98%, pauses, then says it failed. The Event Log records a VSS Event 8193:

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine QueryFullProcessImageNameW.  hr = 0x80070006, The handle is invalid.

Operation:
   Executing Asynchronous Operation

Context:
   Current State: DoSnapshotSet

Please tell me how to fix this. Luckily, the old version still works.

Andrew Oliner

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Andrew Oliner

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Please try to install the 14.7.1.21 build using the offline MSI installer. Please refer to the download links below:

64bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_14.7.1.21/en/retail/nitro_pro14_ba_x64.msi 
32bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_14.7.1.21/en/retail/nitro_pro14_ba_x86.msi

Kind regards, 

Andrew Oliner

Okay, the good news is that the installer completed without an error. 

The bad news, which is VERY BAD, is that the installer failed to create a PDF writer printer object, so I am unable to create PDF files. I remember having this problem also with Nitro 13, which is one of the reasons that I stopped updating that version. Please help me with this problem. 

It would be awfully nice if Nitro just fixed this problem with the installer.

Andrew Oliner

Okay, I went back to my previous emails with Nitro, back when you offered one-on-one tech support. I used the Clean-up tool, rebooted, then reinstalled. The regular installer still failed, but the offline installer installed everything successfully. 

The emails that I had for this problem date back to December 2021, almost 2 years ago. Is it too much to ask that Nitro fix your problems?

William Agar

Similar problem on update to 14.7.1.21. My update seems to have completed but when I try to run the installer (as an Administrator), it fails with: "Nitro PDF Pro Setup Wizard has failed".

I will try the above download when I have time, but thought I would post here to show it may be a bigger problem than one person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Hi @Andrew Oliner

Thank you for sharing this update.

We will take note of this issue and include this forum post when a report is created about Nitro PDF Creator failing to install during a software update. 

Kind regards,