Update converted account to Trial Version

Allison Martin

Allison Martin

I was having issues with my Nitro PDF Pro freezing every time I saved a new document in a cloud drive, as well as bringing up the Print page to print PDFs. After trying the 'Repair' method to no improvement, I went to the Nitro website and updated to Nitro PDF Pro 14. After the installation, my Nitro account reverted to a Trial basis and my serial number no longer worked. I followed the prompts on this support page to deactivate my serial number, and then went back to Nitro PDF Pro app to re-activate it, per the instructions. I continue to get the message "The serial number does not exist" on the app. It definitely existed this morning! Even the online portal shows that the serial number is still available for two activations, but it's not connecting on the app.

Between the freezing issues and the print issues, if this doesn't get resolved ASAP, I'll be requesting a refund.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Allison Martin

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

In checking your email address, I can see a Nitro PDF Pro for Windows and it is a version 13 license. 
Please note that the version 13 license will only work on the Nitro PDF Pro version 13 application. If you have installed Nitro PDF Pro 14, please uninstall and then install Nitro PDF Pro 13 using the installer from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link. 

Once Nitro PDF Pro 13 is installed, activate it by navigating to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, enter your version 13 license, and then click Activate. 

Regarding the issue where the application crashes, could you please confirm if you are saving it to Google G: Drive?
If so, do you experience the same freezing issue if you save the file first to your local drive?

Kind regards, 

Allison Martin

Your suggestions fixed the trial version problem. Thank you. 

Yes, it only crashes when I try to save to Google G: Drive.  I see across the forums that this is a common problem. I hope you can resolve it, as it's not realistic to expect folks to save their files locally and then manually transfer them to their cloud folders, and repeat when they have to resave for minor tweaks. Thank you.