Creating Forms in Nitro Pro

Raahul Dev

Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings! 😀💐 

Trust this email finds your members and you safe and healthy.

Yesterday, I started using Nitro Pro 14 on 14 days trial. I wanted to create a form but couldn't get much headway. I had developed one form in MS Word using content control which I imported in Nitro Pro 14.

The first challenge was setting a date field. When I added the date field, I found that to enter the date, there was no dropdown to select the date from the calendar. Instead, the user has to type out the date. Then, I could neither validate the date field nor set the limits. The same is with other fields. There is an option to add a Java script for which I'm not trained. What's the way out of it?

Warm regards,

RAAHUL DEV
#DigitalFreedompreneur
#DesigningLives

In continuation of my yesterday's message, I would like to add one more point.

I had expected that Nitro Pro will detect the fields in the Word document. But it didn't. It's a big disappointment.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Raahul Dev

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

My apologies if a visual calendar option is not available in Nitro PDF Pro at this time. You can set a date format within a text field however, the will need to be manually typed in. 
To set the date format create a text field, then right-click and select Properties.
Next, select Format and change the drop-down box to date. Once you select the date option you will receive a list of formats that can be used.

Regarding automatic form detection, Nitro PDF Pro does not have this feature yet.
A Feature Requested has already been created and a topic is available for votes on our Product Improvement page (link below):

Kind regards,