Nitro pro Crashing/Failing to Launch on Windows Server for 2 Users.

Alex Milton

Alex Milton

Hi all,

We have a Remote desktop Windows 2016 server with Nitro Pro installed. It is used by about 20-30 users all of whom are licensed for the product. All of our users except two seem to be fine but for two of them Nitro fails to launch at all. Running the application shows for a brief moment in task manager but then closes without anything visual on screen. They do not see the Nitro Splash screen nor does it generate a crash message. There is no crash file or dump created.
I've set up a fresh server and installed the product, same issue for the same users. We use roaming profiles, so the assumption is it is somewhere within those roaming profiles that something is cached but cleared the obvious app data local and roaming cache for nitro with no change.

Is there anywhere else where something could be stored to cause issues with NitroPDF? We've yet to try the sledgehammer of recreating the profiles from scratch but I don't really want to have to do that for any future issues with a single application.

We are running Nitro Pro, Ver 13.33.2.645
Windows server 2016, Ver 1607.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Alex Milton

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

I can see that you submitted a support case for this issue and it is already resolved. 
Would you be so kind to confirm if the issue is within the user's profile?

Kind regards, 

Edited by Reymund Oyong