Editing a table with Nitro Pro -- how to edit a field vs. the whole line in a table.

Protec Arisawa

Protec Arisawa

I want to edit entries in a column in a table in a PDF document. The table was probably created in Excel by the original author. When I click on the entry that I want to edit, the entire row is selected for editing. Is there a setting in Nitro Pro that allow me to select the entry in a column rather than the entire row? (I opened the same PDF with Adobe Acrobat and it shows an "editing box" (my term for it) around each "cell" in the table vs. the entire row in Nitro Pro. 

• 5 months later...
Monique Huurman

I have the same question - we have recently updated to Nitro 14 (windows 8). 

I have documents that were created by excel and converted to PDF.   Each line is a separate entity to the line underneath. I need to edit one element (or word) in each line. When I go to edit, it will highlight multiple lines together, and when I edit the one element it wraps the text into the line underneath - it also adjusts the spacing so that the text line is now off center, if the line has line drawings underneath, the text will eventually start overlapping the line drawing.  If I have the space to make the lines space further apart, then I am able to edit line by line separately, but if I don't have that space, this "fix" won't work and if the document is multiple pages, this kind of fix would be very time consuming.  I'm quite adaptable and can work around issues to make them work for me - this one has me stumped.  Is there a setting that can adjust the editing features so that it won't encompass multiple lines of text (unless it's something you actually want it to do)?

I've been using Nitro Pro 9 for years and never had this issue, it would only highlight the line I wanted to edit (not the entire bunch of lines directly under the line being edited).