Activation / Serial Number does not exist

Michelle East

Michelle East

Hi

I have a new laptop and trying to activate my nitro PDF Pro 14.3.1.193

When I enter the serial number in the software an error message appears " the serial number entered does not exist" 

I entered the serial number online and it appears to exist. When I click on deactivate it says "please select licence to deactivate". this appears to be due to the number of licences showing as 0.

If you recently switched computers, upgraded your operating system, experienced a computer crash, or noticed that Nitro Pro has reverted to Trial mode, you may have trouble re-activating your license. To begin fixing the problem, please input your Nitro Pro serial number below and click “Find License.”

Find License

If you’re a Business or Enterprise customer, please contact your Account Executive or our Support team directly.

Not looking for help with Nitro activation? Click here to go back to the main Nitro Support page.

*If the Licensing portal doesn't resolve your activation issue, please submit a support ticket or leave a post in our Community Forum and one of our Support representatives will contact you.

Once you click “Deactivate”, you can activate your license immediately by entering the below serial number into Nitro Pro.

Serial Number ******
Version 13
Status Active
Number of Activations 0
Number of Activations Allowed 2
Deactivate

Can you please assist urgently as I have tried contacting various times and no response and I require the software today and my trial has expired.

Thankyou

Michelle East
Edited by Leslie V
Deleted Confidential Information
  • I agree 1

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Michelle East

Thanks for your message - I'm happy to assist you.

The error message means that the serial number you are trying to activate is for a different version of Nitro PDF Pro.

Your serial number is for Nitro PDF Pro 13, please uninstall the version you installed.
And then get the correct version 13 installer from the page below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

After installation, activate with your serial number.

Please let me know how that goes.

klime Zengoski

Hi all

I have similar or same issue I upgraded PC.

doing the serial number check found in my registry points to

---

Serial number:  234 xxxxxxxxxxx205

Version:   12 (but my "installed SW is V10)

Number of Activations: 0

Number of Activations Allowed: 2

---

where can I get Version 12?? every time I tried to download V12 it sends me Version 13 installer

or can I activate my Version 10 in some other manner?

Yes i purchased this a while back.

Can someone please assist! preference is to simply get version 12 and hope my serial number works and activates the SW!

Thanking you in advance for your support

klime

Estrella Parada

I'm having exactly the same issue.  I've already tried multiple times to deactivate the license so I can use it on another computer.  It lets me deactivate just fine, but I'm still getting the "serial number entered does not exist" when I try to activate on a different machine.  

Come on, guys.  This sucks.  I'm sick of these problems.  I own five different licenses with you guys, but I'm getting ready to switch to a competitor with better support.  Get it together . . .

• Official Nitronaut
On 9/8/2023 at 7:26 PM, Estrella Parada said:

I'm having exactly the same issue.  I've already tried multiple times to deactivate the license so I can use it on another computer.  It lets me deactivate just fine, but I'm still getting the "serial number entered does not exist" when I try to activate on a different machine.  

Come on, guys.  This sucks.  I'm sick of these problems.  I own five different licenses with you guys, but I'm getting ready to switch to a competitor with better support.  Get it together . . .

Hello @Estrella Parada

The error message means that the serial number you are trying to activate is for a different version of Nitro PDF Pro.

Your serial number is for Nitro PDF Pro 13, please uninstall the version you installed.
And then get the correct version 13 installer from the page below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

After installation, activate with your serial number.

Please let me know how that goes.

VELKIS CASTILLO

Hi,

A month ago my laptop crashed, so I got a new one and downloaded nitro in this one but I couldn´t activate it.  I went to the help portal and followed the instructions to deactivate the licenset to activate it in my new laptop, but the system show a message asking me to select the devices to deactivate, however, there is no option to select it.  

There is another way to have my license working, I do not have a year since I got it!

Waiting for help.

Velkis C.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
On 9/19/2023 at 4:47 PM, Barbara Tedder said:

I am having the same problem after deactivating Nitro Pro 12 the activation fails as others have described.

Would someone please help me?

Thanking in advance.

Hello @Barbara Tedder

I sent you a direct message with your serial number.

Cheers!