Upgrading from version 12

Alex Pulcini

Hi there.  I just replaced my hard drive, and my original Nitro Pro Ver 10 was no longer working ( it asks me to reinstall because "the service does not have sufficient privileges) After all these years, I no longer have the original software and I understand support ended a long time ago for this version.

I found an older email with my serial number and it looks like I upgraded to Ver 12 at some point.  I was able to find a link and download the Ver 12 software.  My serial number worked.  When I try to see if I can upgrade to the latest version and do a search of my serial number however, it tells me that my serial number cannot be validated.  Does that meanIi cannot upgrade to a new version from my current Ver 12?  

Lastly, I notice that the Version 12 looks completely different than whatever I was using before (the version before had orange borders and this version has black.  The pages also seem blurry so I'm not sure what is going on...but it's annoying!!  LOL)  Any suggestions?

• Official Nitronaut

Greetings @Alex Pulcini

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Please note that we no longer support Nitro Pro 12 and older versions as these versions have reached the End of Life (see Sunset Policy) and their activation servers have been shut down. 
We recommend upgrading to our latest version, Nitro PDF Pro 14, which comes with significant stability and security improvements and many feature enhancements, particularly in Conversion, OCR, and Accessibility functions. 

To upgrade to the latest version with a discounted price, please visit our Upgrade page at https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade 

But if you are receiving an error message when attempting to upgrade, please provide the serial number here so we can check its eligibility for update. 
We hide the serial number and other confidential details before approving the post. Thus, sending the serial number here is safe, and only the Nitronaut moderators can see and hide it before approving the post.

Kind regards, 

Hi Reymund.  My serial number is 234************292.  I upgraded to Ver 12 but when I reinstalled it after replacing my hard drive, it looked strange and blurry on my computer so I am now back to running Ver 10.  Let me know if I am eligible for an upgrade to Ver 14.  Thanks! Alex

Edited by Reymund Oyong
Hide Serial number

• 3 weeks later...