Switiching Nitro Pro 12 to new laptop

Susan Nilson

I've spent hours on forums trying to figure this out and have given up. I have Nitro Pro 12 on my new laptop and am now switching to a new laptop. I downloaded a free trial of 13 or 14 as those were the only options and deactivated the software on my old PC, but when I try to activate the software on the new PC it says the serial # is invalid. Please can someone help, I am tearing my hair out with this.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Susan Nilson

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please send me your serial number so I can check. I cannot locate a version 12 key (only version 10) using the email address that you provided.

I look forward to your response.

Hi Leslie,

I have version 12.16.9.574

Here is my serial #:********

Many thanks.

Edited by Leslie V
Deleted Confidential Information

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Susan Nilson

That is a version 10 key, purchase in 2016. 

Please note that we no longer support Nitro Pro 12 and older. Per our Sunset Policy, https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy, we have stopped making feature enhancements to version 12 since we released version 13. 

We recommend to upgrade to our latest version, V14, which comes with significant stability and security improvements, as well as many feature enhancements, in particular in conversion and OCR functions. To upgrade to Nitro Pro 14, please visit our upgrade page: 
https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Hi Leslie,

I don't want to upgrade. I just want to be able to continue to use the software I paid for. It still meets my needs and I don't use it enough to warrant the extra expense.

I've managed to switch everything else over to my new laptop, but have spent a long time on Nitro and still haven't got anywhere. It's a shame that it seems to be so difficult.

Will you be able to provide me with a link to download v12 onto my new laptop?

• 2 weeks later...
Susan Nilson
I'm asking again as it would be really nice to have some help, thank you.

Posted September 17 · Hidden - This content must be approved before it can be edited.

Hi Leslie,

I don't want to upgrade. I just want to be able to continue to use the software I paid for. It still meets my needs and I don't use it enough to warrant the extra expense.

I've managed to switch everything else over to my new laptop, but have spent a long time on Nitro and still haven't got anywhere. It's a shame that it seems to be so difficult.

• Official Nitronaut
On 9/17/2023 at 7:02 AM, Susan Nilson said:

Hi Leslie,

Sorry about this. There are no working installers for discontinued versions. You may refer to our Sunset Policy here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy

• Official Nitronaut
On 9/19/2023 at 12:38 AM, Adam Makepeace said:

I have the same issue - can you please help?

Hi @Adam Makepeace

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Please send me your serial number so I can check. I cannot locate it using the email address that you provided.

I look forward to your response.