I cannot install Nitro 13 Pro after installing & uninstalling Nitro 14

Niek Deflou

A client of mine contacted me, after setting up a new computer for him, that he needs to keep using NItro, for which he has a key.

I told him to download the trial off  of the website and then activate it. Activation failed. I told him to send me the key - i checked the key on your website - the key is active and has an open seat left.

Upon further inspection i noticed the key was for Nitro 13. So i uninstalled 14. But when i try to install 13 now, it says 14 is still on the machine. It's not showing up in control panel or anywhere else as far as I can tell (truth be told i did not dive into it as i figured support would know what to do faster then me randomly deleting registry keys etc.)

Could you help me in navigation what (probably) registry key was left behind or what i can do to make the installation work? Browsing this forum i found a cleanup tool, but it won't download

• Official Nitronaut

Greetings @Niek Deflou,

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

I recommend performing a clean uninstall using our cleanup tool. This will remove all traces of Nitro PDF Pro on the machine. 
Please refer to the steps below:

1. Download the Nitro cleanup tool from the link below:
https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_14.3.1.193/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

If nothing happens when clicking the link, copy the entire link and then paste it on your browser then enter, this should prompt you to download the file. 

Please note that customized stamps will be removed since this tool will remove all traces of Nitro. If you have customized stamps, please refer to the link below about how to transfer/backup stamps: 

https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004509 

Skip this part and move to the next step if you do not have any customized stamps.

2. Extract the cleanup utility then run the cleanup tool by double-clicking nitro-cleanup.vbs. Please be aware that a command window will appear during the cleanup process.
3. After the cleanup, restart the computer. 
4. Download and install Nitro PDF Pro 13 from the link below:

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link.   

5. Once Nitro PDF Pro 13 is installed, launch the software then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter your version 13 serial number then click Activate.

Kind regards, 

• 5 months later...
Tawfik Tawil

I unstalled the Nitro Pro 14 trial version, and when I try to install my Nitro pro 13 it keeps telling me Newer Nitro Pro is already installed. I deleted all folders files relate to Nitro Pro completely.

I cleaned my registery file from all Nitro files, path, etc.... I even used your clean utility without sucess.  Restart computer numerous times.

Tawfik Tawil

I am having the same problem, I downloaded Nitro cleanup serveral times, run it, restart numerous time no sucess, I even clean my pc from all file called Nitro, and I cleaned my resitery from all Nitor path, name, etc..

No sucsses.

Please Advise.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Tawfik Tawil

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Could you please try running the latest cleanup tool that can be found here: https://www.gonitro.com/support/tools/cleanup-utility-list 
Also, what happens when you attempt to install Nitro PDF Pro? Are you receiving an error? If so, can you share the installation error message here?
And are you installing version 13 or 14? 

Kind regards, 

Taylor Smith

I have the same issue. I am trying to uninstall Nitro Pro 14 and install 13. 

I downloaded and ran the uninstall cleanup tool that you posted in September and then I also ran the "latest" cleanup tool that you posted on Friday. I rebooted after each run. 

When I try to start the install for NitroPro 13 it pulls up a warning that a "later version of NitroPro" is already installed on my machine and does not let me proceed further. 

Help!