Saving to specific destination folders?

Steve Setterfield

Steve Setterfield

I approve lots of documents and digitally sign them in Nitro Pro, this requires me to save the document. This involves 14 clicks every time, can I preset the destination folder so that when I save a signed document it always goes to the same folder??

Being honest this is not a problem - just a niggle that I tried to find the answer to.

Cheers, and thanks. Steve.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello Steve,

Thank you for posting on our Community Forums!

Nitro allows users to change the default save location (target folder) for new files created using the PDF creator and set the default "Save As" folder as the last used location. However,  Nitro Pro doesn't have a way to assign a default save as folder.

If you wish to maintain the last "save as" location used, here's how to do it:

• Open Nitro Pro.
  • Navigate to the "File" menu and select "Preferences."
  • Within the "General" section, make sure to check the "Always use last locations in 'Open' and 'Save As' dialog boxes" option.
  • If you decide that you don't want to use this setting as the default location, you can easily uncheck the box, and Nitro will save your document in the same folder as the original file.

If you're interested in changing the target folder for new files, follow these steps to configure the target folder for Nitro PDF Creator:

a. Go to the "Printers and Scanners" section in your Windows settings.
b. Locate "Nitro PDF Creator" and click on "Manage."
c. Access "Printing Preferences" and, under the "Nitro PDF Creator" tab, set the "Target folder" to the desired folder.

Please let us know if you have any questions.