One time purchase license, can it be re-installed?

Randy Harris

We are looking at one time purchase of Nitro Pro for Windows, not the subscription version. I want to check before I buy licenses: If a computer crashes and I have to do a bare metal restore, will I be able to reinstall the same version of Nitro Pro and activate the license, I remember reading about somebody complaining that it was a one time install and that it couldn't be re-installed, want to make sure I know what is what before buying.

Thanks

Edited by Randy Harris

• Official Nitronaut

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

When you're planning to transferring the license, you can begin by deactivating it on your current computer. After that, you can install it on your new computer and use the same serial number for activation.

Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions.

Edited by Leslie V

and what if you aren't able to first de-activate the installed version, say the drive crashes and you have to install a new drive and do a bare metal install. Can you de-activate from a nitro portal and re-install on the same computer with a new drive?

• Official Nitronaut
21 hours ago, Randy Harris said:

and what if you aren't able to first de-activate the installed version, say the drive crashes and you have to install a new drive and do a bare metal install. Can you de-activate from a nitro portal and re-install on the same computer with a new drive?

@Randy Harris

Yes, you can. We have a support page https://www.gonitro.com/support where you can utilize self-help support tools.