Nitro 12 Solution(s)?

Joe DaSilva

I had two personal computers loaded with Nitro Pro 12.  One of the computers lost several installed programs including Nitro.  My original serial number cannot activate other Nitro versions.  It also will not allow an upgrade.  I realize that there have been two newer releases and that 12 is no longer supported by Nitro.  What is my most economical answer to this problem?  Thank you.

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Joe DaSilva

Thank you for your message – I’m happy to assist you.

Please try to upgrade to version 14 again, please proceed to the following web page,

https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

Enter your serial number and follow the prompts to receive a new Nitro Pro 14 serial key and installation files.

Please let me know how that goes.

Leslie, thank you for the quick response.  I tried what you suggested.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.  My serial number may be too old to activate any Nitro version.  I then tried a different approach.  I copied my existing downloaded version 12 from my other computer and installed it in the computer we have been trying to fix.  That 12 became a new trial version on my second computer, but the serial number associated with it did not activate it.

I just want an activated, working version like I have in my other computer.  Which version I use does not matter to me since it will only be used for basic non-business needs in dealing with pdf's.  It does need to be an economical solution because I purchased a 12 and now can't get it activated on my second computer as it was before.  Your suggestion?

Leslie:  I tried again to load Nitro 14 and this time it allowed me to install the program.  But it still does not accept my Nitro 12 serial number.  It appears that to get out of the trial mode I now have to pay the upgrade fee.  I did not want to upgrade because of the fee.   As you will note in my previous post, I just want to have Nitro 12 installed and working as I had before.  Please help.  Thanks.

Leslie: 

I removed Nitro 14 from my second computer and reinstalled Nitro 12.  However, the serial number won't activate it.  The first computer has the same version and the same serial number works on it.  Is it time for me to just forget Nitro?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut

Hello @Joe DaSilva

Sorry for the late reply. There is no free upgrade to version 14 from older versions at the moment.

I sent you a direct message regarding Nitro Pro 12.

Cheers!

Benjamin Kubichek

@Leslie V,

I have the exact same issue as @Joe DaSilva. I also have a coworker who has had this same issue. Can you please provide me with an appropriate link to download NitroPro12 on my new computer, so I do not need to upgrade.

Thank you,

Ben

Louis Zaczkiewicz

I bought Nitro 12 Pro and installed it for my wife's computer September 13, 2014. The computer cannot install Windows 11 so she is starting to use a new Windows 11 laptop. She would like have Nitro 12 Pro on that laptop. We are both retired and have very low need for PDF editing, but she wants Nitro 12 Pro installed just in case. 

I tried to install it on the new computer but got an error about the Windows NET 2.0 not on the computer. Please provide instructions on how to install Nitro 12 Pro on her Windows 11 laptop. I have the DVD and activation code.

Thanks

Lou

• Official Nitronaut
On 12/10/2023 at 4:47 AM, Louis Zaczkiewicz said:

I bought Nitro 12 Pro and installed it for my wife's computer September 13, 2014. The computer cannot install Windows 11 so she is starting to use a new Windows 11 laptop. She would like have Nitro 12 Pro on that laptop. We are both retired and have very low need for PDF editing, but she wants Nitro 12 Pro installed just in case. 

I tried to install it on the new computer but got an error about the Windows NET 2.0 not on the computer. Please provide instructions on how to install Nitro 12 Pro on her Windows 11 laptop. I have the DVD and activation code.

Thanks

Lou

Hello @Louis Zaczkiewicz

There was no version 12 of Nitro in 2014. It was released in 2018.

Please note that we no longer support Nitro Pro 12 and older and the activation servers have been shut down. You may refer to our Sunset Policy here: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy

We recommend to upgrade to our latest version, V14, which comes with significant stability and security improvements, as well as many feature enhancements, in particular in conversion and OCR functions. To upgrade to Nitro Pro 14, please visit our upgrade page: 
https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

• Official Nitronaut
On 12/9/2023 at 12:52 AM, Benjamin Kubichek said:

@Leslie V,

I have the exact same issue as @Joe DaSilva. I also have a coworker who has had this same issue. Can you please provide me with an appropriate link to download NitroPro12 on my new computer, so I do not need to upgrade.

Thank you,

Ben

Hi @Benjamin Kubichek

Please send me  your serial number so I can check.

Louis Zaczkiewicz

Correction to my post: I bought nitro pro 6, upgraded it to v7 and activated it back then. When I looked up my serial number at the nitro site, it indicates it is associated with v12 with 2 installs available. I installed v6 from CD (after installing .net2.0) but cannot activate it since the registration server is inactive. What is the trick to get my nitro to work?  I do not want a subscription.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Leslie V
On 12/17/2023 at 4:58 AM, Louis Zaczkiewicz said:

Correction to my post: I bought nitro pro 6, upgraded it to v7 and activated it back then. When I looked up my serial number at the nitro site, it indicates it is associated with v12 with 2 installs available. I installed v6 from CD (after installing .net2.0) but cannot activate it since the registration server is inactive. What is the trick to get my nitro to work?  I do not want a subscription.

Hello @Louis Zaczkiewicz

In the license portal, it's indicated as version 12 because older versions of the system and portal are no longer recognized. All version 12 and earlier versions are listed as version 12.