activation key missing

Rhonda Miller

Rhonda Miller

My computer restarted overnight and this morning when I opened Nitro it is in "READER" mode.  I tried logging out/in.  I went to Help/About Nitro PDF Pro but there is no activation key there.  I went to deactivate my license - thinking I could reactivate it, but again, no activation key??

Rhonda Miller

License 504933-xxyyzz-154044  - just upgraded to v14 in August

Edited by Allain Umailin

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Rhonda Miller,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

To further assist you in troubleshooting this activation issue, could you please provide me with the following information?:

-On one affected machine, what build of Nitro Pro are you working with? You can find this out by clicking on 'About Nitro Pro' under the Help tab (format is 14.XX.X.XXX 14.14.0.13) or you can go to Control Panel > Programs and Features under the Version column. 

Sending over a screenshot of the 'About Nitro Pro' window along with the window that will appear after clicking the 'Activate' button will also make me understand what MSI version was used (Retail, Business, or Enterprise).

-Is your machine a member of a domain?

-Is there any pattern like it happens during the weekend at a specific time?

-Do you have patching software installed on your machines?

A patching software scans computers and will push out updates to computers and the software therein it finds that needs updating. If you have such software installed, Nitro Pro could be listed there to keep it updated without you noticing.

Below are patching software we have encountered so far as culprits:
-Shavlik program
-GFI LanGuard
-F-Secure
-Glarysoft Software Update
-Vipre Security with Application Patch Management
-ManageEngine - Enterprise IT Management Software
-Scappman 

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing back from you.