Question regarding validity of a direct link

sunnykhandelwal5@yahoo.co.in

Nitro

I have purchased a Nitro PDF version 13 via amazon. However the seller asked me to download the product from a specific link. I already had a trial version of Nitro PDF 13 installed so i tried to activate the license key given by the vendor on that version but it didn’t work.

So I was asked to download the program from the link only viz https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.67.0.45/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi

It appears to be a official nitro link but for some reasons I have doubts about the link’s authenticity. So I want to reach out to to Nitro PDF’s official support or website to confirm if the link provided by the seller is genuine. I hope this is the correct place for it.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @sunnykhandelwal5@yahoo.co.in,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Before anything else, did they just send you an email to ask first for the software's installation ID before providing the serial number?

Thank you and I am looking forward to hearing back from you soon. 

No. They directly sent me a key & asked me to do a manual activation. Apparently the key he sent was wrong (it was 17 digits instead of 18). He then pasted the correct key into the app after taking access via a remote desktop app & that worked out. Thanks for replying.

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @sunnykhandelwal5@yahoo.co.in,

Thank you for this information.

This Amazon seller is not an authorized Nitro re-seller and the serial number they sold to you seems to be a cracked version, this is the reason why that serial number does not exist in our system, Nitro's licensing server.

When you purchase a Nitro Pro license from a legitimate re-seller or directly from Nitro, you will automatically receive a serial number (18 digits). 

Similar reports from a few users also shared that they asked first for the software's installation ID (17 digits) before providing the serial number then instructed you to manually activate the software that did not go through our licensing server.

Legit and authorized re-sellers ( https://www.gonitro.com/partners ) will not ask for the installation ID before providing a serial number.  

My apologies but Nitro Support cannot assist you further due to a serial number that does not exist in our licensing server.

You may reach out to Amazon Customer Service to report this fraudulent seller.

If you are interested in purchasing 'Nitro PDF Pro' from our website, kindly visit https://www.gonitro.com/pricing 

Hi. Thank you so much for the information. I have escalated the matter with amazon. They have said that they will blacklist the seller. However, they need some proof to do that. Can you please send me an official email about this which I can share with amazon?

I bought the key from the following link- https://www.amazon.in/Genuine-Editing-Software-Lifetime-Delivery/dp/B0CGMCRSZV/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2W9SD9Y1DBA32&keywords=nitro+pdf&qid=1699418939&sprefix=nitro+pdf%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-3

The communication received from the seller including the 17 digit license key is below-
"Official Download (English):
https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.67.0.45/en/retail/nitro_pro13_ba_x64.msi
License:
14384-xxyyzz-902634

Please follow the procedures below (All the steps must be followed) :
1. Click HELP in the menu bar.
2. Click ACTIVATE
3. Click ADVANCE on the surface
4. Click MANUAL
5. Type in the license number above
6. Click NEXT
7. Click COPY, Paste it in a word/txt. And send it back to [e-mail address removed] / whatsapp me 888xxyy039
(In this process of obtaining the code, do not close the program. If it is closed, the code will change. All the procedure needs to be done again.)
8. Click NEXT
9. Paste the certificate (I will provide it after receiving your email in step 7 ) into the box.
10. TICK √ the box below
11. Click ACTIVATE
Congrats completed"

You will also find my review on the product page which describes their modus operandi in details.

Though I am not very concerned about my refund but I would at least like amazon to investigate the seller. This may also help you in the long run. I would appreciate very much if you could send an email to me about this.

On a lighter note, I hope you would have a black Friday sale later so I can afford to buy the product directly from you. Thank you!

Edited by Allain Umailin