v14 not installing, ever

Robert Schieberl

Robert Schieberl

I have purchchased Pro v14 and have received the email with the serial number. I am attempting to download the free trial version and install it so I can activate it. I have attempted this several times and each time, when the installation progress bar gets to 11% complete, I get the message "Nitro Pro PDF Pro setup wizard has failed." I have uninstalled Acrobat and my old V9 and restarted several times and have the same results each time. The installation progress bar never gets past 11%. I am running Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Robert Schieberl

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!
My apologies if you are experiencing an issue with the installation of Nitro PDF Pro on your computer. 

Please try to install Nitro PDF Pro 14 using the MSI installer, you can download it through the link below:

64bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_14.3.1.193/en/retail/nitro_pro14_ba_x64.msi
32bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_14.3.1.193/en/retail/nitro_pro14_ba_x86.msi 

Kind regards, 

• 2 weeks later...
Robert Schieberl

@Reymund Oyoung,

Thank you for your response. I tried using the installer with essentially the same results, yielding the message:

"The setup must update files or services that cannot be updated while the system is running. If you choose to continue, a reboot will be required to complete the setup."

I then click the OK button which yields a popup saying, "Nitro PDF Pro Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again."

Rebooting the computer makes no difference. I bought Nitro to replace Bluebeam Revu on this computer because I moved Revu to a different computer. The Revu install took about 3 minutes and was issue-free. This install has been beyond frustrating.

Please help.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

I am sorry that the installation did not push even after using the MSI installer. 
From what I understand, the computer used to have version 9 but was uninstalled to install version 14. Please perform a clean uninstall using our cleanup tool and then install Nitro PDF Pro 14 using the MSI installer. 

Here are the steps:

1. Download the Nitro cleanup tool from the link below:
https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_14.3.1.193/install-cleanup/install-cleanup.zip 

Please note that customized stamps will be removed since this tool will remove all traces of Nitro. If you have customized stamps, please refer to the link below about how to transfer/backup stamps: 

https://kb.gonitro.com/knowledgebase#/search/stamps/000004509 

Skip this part and move to the next step if you do not have any customized stamps.

2. Extract the cleanup utility then run the cleanup tool by double-clicking nitro-cleanup.vbs. Please be aware that a command window will appear during the cleanup process.
3. After the cleanup, restart the computer. 
4. Download and install Nitro PDF Pro 14 using the MSI installer:

64bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_14.3.1.193/en/retail/nitro_pro14_ba_x64.msi
32bit - https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_14.3.1.193/en/retail/nitro_pro14_ba_x86.msi   

Once Nitro PDF Pro 14 is installed, launch the software then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate. Enter your version 14 license then click Activate.

Kind regards, 

• 3 weeks later...
Robert Schieberl

@Reymund Oyoung,

I tried using the uninstaller and ran it exactly according to your instructions and got precisecly the same results as I detailed in my last post. Is there a program or app that could be blocking the installation? I am frustrated beyond words and ready to ask for a refund.

Edited by Robert Schieberl
Added name

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

I apologize if the installation error persists even after running the cleanup tool. 
Is this the first time you install Nitro PDF Pro on the computer? Or the application has been installed (different version) before? 

Kind regards, 

Robert Schieberl

As I indicated earlier, I had an earlier version V9 on the computer. I used the uninstaller you sent me on June 26 to remove it, as I also indicated earlier but the new download will still not install and continues to give me the same error message. Please see my posts from June 14 and June 24.

• 3 months later...
Robert Schieberl

I have been trying to install V14 Pro for months with no success. I tried using the installer repeatedly and every time getting the message:

"The setup must update files or services that cannot be updated while the system is running. If you choose to continue, a reboot will be required to complete the setup."

I then click the OK button which yields a popup saying, "Nitro PDF Pro Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again."

Rebooting the computer makes no difference. I bought Nitro to replace Bluebeam Revu on this computer because I moved Revu to a different computer. The Revu install took about 3 minutes and was issue-free. This install has been beyond frustrating. A previous post about this and the "Nitronaut" who was working with me was unable to provide a solution. I bought Pro and paid the full price in good faith believing I was going to get a good product I could use. My old v9 was relatively easy and issue free. I now feel like I have been cheated out of my money by a company with practically non-existent customer service.

Please help. This is taking entirely too long to resolve.