"Serial Number Does Not Exist"

Simon Menkes

I've had to reinstall my Nitro Pro. I went to deactivate one of my 2 licenses, so that I could reactivate it, entered my 18-digit serial number, which was recognized by Nitro Pro, and deactivated one license. But when I went to activate my software, Nitro Pro says, "Serial Number Does Not Exist." This doesn't make sense, since the website already recognized it. What should I do?

Simon Menkes

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Simon Menkes,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

As per our server logs, we can see you were able to install and activate your Nitro Pro 13 using serial number 504933-xxyyzz-188755

Do you still need further assistance here?

Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you.

eric@ebroder.net

I have the same problem.  I have deactivated Nitro Pro (13) on my previous computer, but can't activate it on my new one.  Can it be because I downloaded v14 instead of v13 which I had on my previous computer?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @eric@ebroder.net,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

The error that you are receiving is commonly caused by installing a different version of Nitro PDF Pro. To fix this, kindly uninstall your current Nitro Pro through Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and reboot your machine.

Please download Nitro PDF Pro 13 using these links:

x64   https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.70.7.60/en/vlp/nitro_pro13_x64.msi
x32   https://downloads.gonitro.com/professional_13.70.7.60/en/vlp/nitro_pro13_x86.msi 

To know if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows system, please refer to this article:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/15056/windows-32-64-bit-faq 

You can now activate your copy of Nitro PDF Pro by going to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, entering your serial number 504936-xxyyzz-835153, and clicking Activate.

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.

eric@ebroder.net

I did the uninstall and Nitro Pro no longer appeared in my Programs list.  I then downloaded using the 64-bit link you provided, but once I gave it permission to modify my computer, I got an error message - "Nitro Pro Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @eric@ebroder.net,

Thank you for this information and my apologies for the delay.

Are you sure you have downloaded our 64bit MSI package and you do not have the .EXE one?

Could you also please provide a screenshot of the error message?