Activate Nitro Pro 12 on new computer

Andrew Lane-Smith

Andrew Lane-Smith

I have Nitro pro 12 installed on my old lap top. I need to transfer the license to a new computer.  I first deactivated nitro pro 12 on the old computer, downloaded nitro pro 13 on the new computer, selected activate, and entered the serial number.  Since it did not recognize the number, I followed the steps to get support for activation. I entered the serial number, which it found. The instruction was to press deactivate and then enter the serial number again to activate the software. When I selected deactivate, a message came up asking me to select a device, which I couldn't do.  I entered the serial number again to activate the software but it was not recognized.

How can this problem be resolved so that Nitro Pro 12 is successfully activated on the new computer?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Andrew Lane-Smith,

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

Looks like you already purchased a Nitro PDF Pro 14.

Do you still need further assistance here?

Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Andrew Lane-Smith

Yes, I decided to go ahead with Pro 14 with the 40% discount while it was available for my new laptop.  This way I still have Pro 12 on my old lap top.

I do have a follow-up question. I am purchasing an ipad. Can I transfer the Pro 12 version from my old lap top to the iPad? If so, how?

• Official Nitronaut
Allain Umailin

Hello @Andrew Lane-Smith,

Please be informed that the serial numbers for your Nitro Pro 12 and 14 are only for Windows OS.

Should you need a license for your iPad, you can purchase a 'Nitro Pro - 21+ users' license from this link:

https://www.gonitro.com/pricing?id=2#21-users 

Thank you for choosing Nitro and I hope this helps.