Moving laptops, Nitro 12 to now 14.

Brandon Schemrich

Brandon Schemrich

I successfully deactivated the Nitro 12 off an old laptop, went to move to the new Nitro 14 on a new Windows laptop and it's telling me the serial number doesn't exist.

*** is the serial #... please help.

Thank you!

Edited by Leslie V
Deleted Confidential Information (Serial Number)

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Brandon Schemrich

Thank you for your message – I’m happy to assist you.

Your version 12 key will not work when used on Nitro Pro 14. To upgrade to version 14, please proceed to the following web page,

https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

Enter your serial number and follow the prompts to receive a new Nitro Pro 14 serial key and installation files.

Please let me know how that goes.

• Official Nitronaut
17 hours ago, Brandon Schemrich said:

This is requiring me to RE-PURCHASE the software.... that can't be correct... right?

Hello @Brandon Schemrich

I regret to inform you that there isn't a free upgrade available from previous versions of the software to the latest version (version 14).

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

I am not looking for support of NitroPDF version 12 itself, I need support to complete the install on a different PC to the one I uninstalled from. So it is a problem with the "deregistration/activation" process that ends up asking to "select a device" but no devices listed. So nothing to do with the product version at all. Can we get into email contact so I can send you both the serial number and screenshots of the problems?

Regards, Ian Goodall

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Ian Goodall

Thank you for contacting us - I'm happy to assist you.

I released your serial number so you can reactivate. Can you please try again and let me know how that goes?
Please get the latest version 13 installer from this page: https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads
After installation, you can activate by opening Nitro, click on the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate and enter your serial number.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require anything else.