Moving laptops, Nitro 12 to now 14, cannot reactivate with existing SN on 14...

Brandon Schemrich

Brandon Schemrich

I successfully deactivated the Nitro 12 off an old laptop, went to move to the new Nitro 14 on a new Windows laptop and it's telling me the serial number doesn't exist.

****** is the serial #... please help.

Thank you!

Edited by Leslie V
Deleted Confidential Information (Serial Number)

I have a similar problem.  My SN is **** for 12.00.112 but I keep getting told that this SN doesn't exist.  The Activation help section says click to deactivate and the put this number in on your new laptop.  I click deactivate and it tells me to choose something to deactivate yet the page does not show anything.   When I log in it shows that I only have Nitro Cloud - which I have never asked for, don't know what it is and don't want.  How can I get my 12 running on my new Win 11 machine please?  I may upgrade but I don't know what my upgrade price will be as I have a fully paid for 12.  I am going round in circles and am very frustrated.  Your help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Edited by Leslie V
Deleted Confidential Information

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @AnnStubbings

Thank you for reaching out to us through our Community Forums!

I sent you a direct message regarding this.

Please note that we no longer support Nitro Pro 12. Per our Sunset Policy, https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/sunset-policy, we have stopped making feature enhancements to version 12 since we released version 13. 

We recommend to upgrade to our latest version, V14, which comes with significant stability and security improvements, as well as many feature enhancements, in particular in conversion and OCR functions. To upgrade to Nitro Pro 14, please visit our upgrade page: 
https://www.gonitro.com/pro/upgrade

I hope this helps. Let me know if you require anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I have successfully moved 12 to my new laptop, thank you.  It comes up with error 40.1 every time I open it but so far things seem to work.  I was still not able to input my SN into the upgrade page to see what price for me to upgrade to 14 would be but as there is a holiday sale I have taken advantage of that.  I still have a lot to do for church before Christmas that I am using what I know, ie 12, until then but at that point will delete 12 and use the 14 I have just bought.  I usually do upgrade on alternate issues so I was surprised to see I had 11 and 12 but there must have been a good reason!  Anyway, many thanks for helping me get 12 up and running - I had .3. and you led me to .9. which solved the problem.  Again, many thanks and happy Christmas.