Nitro Pro 14 will not launch

Perry Narancic

Perry Narancic

Hello - I just installed Nitro Pro 14.  The application successfully loads,  and the task bar icon appears.  But the application does NOT launch.  I already tried repairing and re-installing - they do not fix the issue.  Can anyone help?

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Perry Narancic

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

I encountered this behavior before where the application launched, and the icon only showed up on the Windows Taskbar without any error message.
Please refer to the steps below and see if they will fix this behavior:

1. Open Nitro PDF Pro again.
2. From the Windows Taskbar, focus on Nitro Pro by clicking on it.
3. Press the Windows key + Left/Right arrow on your keyboard until the Nitro Pro window appears.

Sometimes, this happens when Nitro Pro is stuck outside the displayed area on your monitor.

You can also check if you can move the Nitro Pro window (in case it's off-screen) by holding Shift, right clicking the Nitro Pro icon in the Taskbar, and selecting "Move". Then, continuously press the Left/Right arrow key on your keyboard until it appears on the screen.

You may also try Maximizing the application in the Task Manager > Processes tab. When you see the Nitro Pro Icon under the Processes tab of Task Manager, expand it, then right-click and select Maximize.

Kind regards, 

• 2 weeks later...
Perry Narancic

Thank you very much,Reymund.  I followed your instructions and now see ("Trial Expired).  However, I purchased the desktop version 13 in January, so I should not have the trial version.  Is it because I update to v.14?  How can I go back to the the non-trial version - because it worked fine for 10 months.  Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Perry Narancic

I apologize for the delay in getting back to your update to this post. 

I can confirm that you have a version 13 license, purchased around April 2023. 
Please uninstall the Nitro PDF Pro 14 on your computer as this cannot be activated using a version 13 license. Once uninstalled, install the Nitro PDF Pro 13 using the installer from the link below: 

https://www.gonitro.com/product-details/downloads - click the 'Download Nitro Pro 13' link. 

Once Nitro PDF Pro 13 is installed, activate it using your version 13 serial number. 
To activate, launch Nitro PDF Pro 13 and then navigate to the Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Activate, enter your version 13 license then click Activate. 

Kind regards, 

• 3 weeks later...
Sheana Joie Fernandez

Hi Reymund Oyong, 

I am having the same problem as Perry Narancic. 

purchased Nitro pro 14 last November 2023 and now it will not launch, 

I tried repair /reinstall and now it stuck on the task bar and says TRIAL EXPIRED. 

Can you help please?

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Sheana Joie Fernandez

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

Could you please confirm if you have already tried the steps below?

1. Open Nitro PDF Pro again.
2. From the Windows Taskbar, focus on Nitro Pro by clicking on it.
3. Press the Windows key + Left/Right arrow on your keyboard until the Nitro Pro window appears.

Sometimes, this happens when Nitro Pro is stuck outside the displayed area on your monitor.

You can also check if you can move the Nitro Pro window (in case it's off-screen) by holding Shift, right clicking the Nitro Pro icon in the Taskbar, and selecting "Move". Then, continuously press the Left/Right arrow key on your keyboard until it appears on the screen.

You may also try Maximizing the application in the Task Manager > Processes tab. When you see the Nitro Pro Icon under the Processes tab of Task Manager, expand it, then right-click and select Maximize.

Kind regards,