Customer Support Unavailable - Trying to Activate License

Stephen Chipman

Stephen Chipman

I am trying to de-activate my Nitro PDF Pro license on an old PC and activate it on a new one. Whenever I try to de-activate it on the old one or activate it on the new, I get the error message "The serial number entered does not exist." I can provide my email address and the serial number upon request.

I tried to submit a ticket online, but the whole customer support system seems to be down - whenever I submit my name and email, it shows an error and I am unable to proceed. There is no customer support number to call .... frustrating.

• Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Stephen Chipman

Thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums!

An activation issue such as "The serial number entered does not exist." will likely occur if the version of the license does not match the version of the application that you would like to activate. Please provide the following so we can further investigate: 

1. The serial number you will use to activate the software. 
2. The version and complete build of your Nitro PDF Pro installation. The details can be located in the application under the Help tab > About Nitro Pro. 
The example format is Nitro PDF Pro x.y.y.y, where x is the version and y.y.y is the complete build. 

Kind regards, 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Reymund Oyong

Greetings @Stephen Chipman

In checking the provided serial number, I see that it is a version 12 license which can only activate a Nitro PDF Pro 12 installation. 
Furthermore, we no longer support Nitro Pro 12 and older versions as these have reached the End of Life (see Sunset Policy)

We recommend upgrading to our latest version, Nitro PDF Pro 14, which comes with significant stability and security improvements and many feature enhancements, particularly in Conversion, OCR, and Accessibility functions. 

If you are interested to upgrade to the latest version with a discounted price, please visit our Upgrade Page located here https://www.gonitro.com/support/upgrade 

Regarding the trial version of Nitro PDF Pro 14, I understand the 14-day trial has ended.
If you need another 14 days to evaluate this version, as a courtesy, we can try to reset the trial period. Please provide the Nitro Computer ID of your Nitro PDF Pro 14 installation, which can be found under Help tab > About Nitro Pro > Deactivate > Advanced. 

Kind regards,