Won't load PDF

Anna Harris

I've had Nitro Pro for a few weeks. It's been working fine.  Today it won't.  I've been clicking around, reload and restart, etc.   We purchased.  Not a trial.  What's the problem ?

• Official Nitronaut

Hello @Anna Harris

Thanks for your message - I'm happy to assist you.

Sorry to hear you are getting this issue. In case the problem is something to do with the installation, can you please try the following for me:

1. Download our latest Clean Up utility: https://www.gonitro.com/support/tools/cleanup-utility-list
(NOTE: This will remove any custom signatures / stamps. Let me know if these need to be backed up)
2. Extract the utility to the desktop (it doesn't properly run from within the zip)
3. Run the utility
4. Reboot
5. Download and install version 14 (NLS version) from here.

I would also like you to download the latest redistributable packages for Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022. (VC_redist.x64.exe)
You can download the installer package here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-GB/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

Please let me know how that goes.

Hello, 

I am having trouble with my serial number. I had to wipe my PC due to a virus and when i try to reload Nitro it gave me the trial version. i entered my serial number but it is saying it does not exist. Can you help me?

Hi, my company is using nitro pro. Recently, I have users who could not open the pdf file. I tried to download the clean up utility provided, however, I encountered an error message sandbox malware. Need your advice on this. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Nitronaut
Leslie V
On 12/27/2023 at 11:06 PM, Dana David said:

Hello, 

I am having trouble with my serial number. I had to wipe my PC due to a virus and when i try to reload Nitro it gave me the trial version. i entered my serial number but it is saying it does not exist. Can you help me?

Hi @Dana David

Thanks for your message. I'm happy to assist you.

The error message means that the serial number you are trying to activate is for a different version of Nitro PDF Pro.

Your serial number is for Nitro PDF Pro 13. Please uninstall the version you installed.
And then get the correct version 13 installer from the page below:
https://www.gonitro.com/nps/product-details/downloads

After installation, activate with your serial number.

Please let me know how that goes.

• Official Nitronaut
Leslie V
On 12/28/2023 at 2:33 PM, Josh M said:

Hi, my company is using nitro pro. Recently, I have users who could not open the pdf file. I tried to download the clean up utility provided, however, I encountered an error message sandbox malware. Need your advice on this. Thanks.

Hi @Josh M

Can you please let me know what error message you're getting? A screenshot will be very helpful.

I look forward to hearing back from you.